UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The UNDP Blue Resilience project is funded by the Norwegian government via its Blue Justice Initiative (BJI) Secretariat in cooperation with the Norwegian Ministry of Trade, Industry and Fisheries. The BJI responds to the need to cooperate and build capacity to address transnational organized crime in the global fishing industry specifically by supporting developing countries implement measures to deter and counter transnational organized fisheries crime.
The aim of the Blue Resilience project is to strengthen capacity for institutional cooperation towards effective governance responses to addressing organized crime in the fisheries sector.
It is a three-year project that will develop a learning package to build capacity via UNDP Country Offices in target countries on governance: specifically, improved institutional cooperation nationally and cross-border to more effectively address organized crime in the fisheries sector. The learning package will be informed by targeted research facilitated by relevant COs in conjunction with local stakeholders and validation of research results via expert consultations.
The work outlined below will be towards the first year of the project, which focuses on generating knowledge via targeted research and, thereafter, on utilizing the research to inform development of learning package.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
Broadly, the research/project assistant would to provide support in four main areas of work:
- Provide research assistance to the governance and gender experts respectively with regards to their research.
- Provide administrative support in organizing and facilitating expert consultations with regards to the research component of the project.
- Assist with drafting and copy-editing towards producing the draft and final research report on inter-agency cooperation.
- Assist with drafting learning package.
Specific duties and responsibilities: Support governance and gender experts respectively in their research on institutional cooperation by amongst others, assisting with:
- Literature review,
- Sourcing of information
- Identifying case studies
- Compiling and summarizing research material
- Setting up and facilitating expert consultations
- Transcribing expert consultations and identifying key themes/issues
Assist governance and gender expert, in coordination with the project manager in:
- Producing a draft outcome report based on the research findings.
- Facilitating follow-up expert consultations on the draft outcome report.
- Revision of the draft report as needed
- Drafting a final report on institutional cooperation towards effectively addressing fisheries crime
- Drafting a learning package based on the research report.
- Excellent communications skills in English orally and written.
- Computer literacy in standard software applications.
- Strong interest in, and knowledge of, maritime issue, international relations and the work of international organisations.
- Proven research experience.
- Team player; works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Knowledge of the UN/UNDP and commitment to UN mission and UNDP mandate is an advantage.
Required Skills and Experience
- Fluency in spoken and written English is imperative.
- Knowledge of other UN languages such as French or Spanish an advantage’
Eligibility: Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
- In accordance with the UNDP Internship policy, UNDP interns are eligible to receive a monthly stipend, with a rate that varies depending on the duty location. The stipend will be paid monthly, and part-time internship arrangements are prorated accordingly.
- Where an intern is financially supported by an institution, government or third party, UNDP will pay the intern the difference, if any, between the external financial support provided and the applicable UNDP stipend.
- Except for the stipend, all other expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring government or institutions.
- Interns are not considered staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity.
- The purpose of the Internship Programme is not to lead to further employment with UNDP, but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship.
Application link: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_apply.cfm?cur_job_id=95179
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)