Internship – Communications and Graphic Design, Field Support & Eco-sustainability Unit, DFAM, NYHQ – Duration 6 months
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every child, hope…
The UNICEF Internship Programme offers qualified and eligible students at both Headquarters (HQ) and Country Offices (CO) the unique opportunity to acquire direct practical experience in UNICEF’s work and the United Nations system under the direct supervision of experienced UNICEF staff.
As a UN organization with a mandate to protect the world’s most vulnerable children being affected by climate change, UNICEF is strongly committed to reduce its environmental footprint through greenhouse gas emissions reductions from its air travel, vehicle fleet and facilities. UNICEF also aims to reduce its water consumption, paper use, and waste. This is in line with commitments made by the UN system as a whole.
How can you make a difference?
The purpose of the internship is to support the development of a global communication strategy through: 1) creating innovative initiatives relevant to behavior change, 2) helping with the design, drafting and proofreading communication materials and data reports, and 3) creating data visualizations using various media and infographics. A high degree of creativity and artistic ability as well as good communication skills are required for this internship.
Under the supervision of the Eco-efficiency Specialist, Field Support & Eco-sustainability Unit, Division of Finance & Administrative Services, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Preparing infographics highlighting the yearly Environmental Footprint Assessment results and identify trends in offices that have so far completed eco-efficiency projects.
- Supporting the development of the global communications strategy for improving the eco-efficiency of UNICEF’s operations, and the design of visual appealing materials to support it.
- Providing new ideas to support communication plans for new campaigns and initiatives in NYHQ and field offices.
- Preparing, or assisting with the preparation and design of all types of communication materials, including internal web pages, internal news stories, newsletter and other resources.
The intern is expected to work part-time (2-4 days per week) for a period of 6 months.
Start Date: November 2nd, 2020
UNICEF’s New York headquarter offices, but working remotely for the time being. Travel is not expected.
Benefits to Intern:
- Gain familiarity with UNICEF’s work, in particular with the role that the Inclusive & Sustainable Operations (ISO) team plays.
- Strengthen skills in research, communication strategies, and data presentation.
- Experience a multicultural working environment unique to UNICEF.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Education: The intern should have a university degree and be enrolled in a postgraduate programme in the area of communications, visual communication and graphic design. Excellent academic performance, as demonstrated by academic records.
Language: The intern should be fluent in English. Working knowledge of another UN language is desirable.
Skills: Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photo Shop, PowerPoint, MailChimp, Survey Monkey is required.
- Analytical thinking: Demonstrates capacity for analytical thinking, collecting information and drawing relevant conclusions.
- Creativity and ability to use innovative data visualization techniques to communicate information clearly and efficiently in an engaging manner.
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, Infographics Lab (IOS), Adobe Premier/Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign, or any other similar software.
- Knowledge of producing flash graphics is an asset.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint, MailChimp and Survey Monkey.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrates interest in environmental issues, human development/humanitarian work, especially in an international context.
- Enthusiasm for learning new things and applying skills in an organizational context
- High personal integrity
- Embraces diversity
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong self-initiative, creativity and ability to multi-task.
- Native English speaker is desirable.
To be considered for an internship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D. degree programme or have graduated within the past two years.
- Have a valid US student visa and be able to work legally in the US during the duration of the internship.
- Have excellent academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records.
- Have no immediate relatives (e.g. father, mother, brother, sister) working in any UNICEF office.
- Have no other relatives in the line of authority which the intern will report to.
- Own a working computer with the necessary software.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Position re-advertised to expand the pool of candidates.
Advertised: Oct 26 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Application close: Nov 09 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Application link: https://jobs.unicef.org/mob/cw/en-us/job/534620
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)