Catholic Relief Services / Vietnam program
Scope of Work
Interpreter for Occupational Therapy Coaching
Project: Sustainable and interdisciplinary rehabilitation services for persons with severe disabilities in Binh Dinh and Quang Nam Province (Hold My Hand)
Position: Interpreter for Occupational Therapy Coaching
Work place: Binh Dinh province (Quy Nhon and surrounding districts)
Length of position: 3 months
Start date: Tentatively from January 4, 2021.
Working day per month: 15 days.
CRS is an international non-government organization, operates in development area in Vietnam during over 20 years, especially focuses on supporting people with disabilities through establishing model, developing inclusive education for people with disabilities, capacity building for organizations of people with disabilities (DPO) and parent association of children with disabilities (CWD PA).
With funding support from USAID and in collaboration with Institute of Population, Health and Development (PHAD), we are now conducting the project “The sustainable and interdisciplinary rehabilitation services for Persons with severe Disabilities in Binh Dinh and Quang Nam Province (Hold My Hand) project. The objective of the project is to build a sustainable model in Binh Dinh and Quang Nam to support rehabilitation service provision to meet the multi-faceted needs of persons with severe disabilities, especially gender-specific needs and vulnerabilities.
To contribute to filling the gaps of rehabilitation services and system at both provincial and district levels, CRS under the Hold My Hand project has collaborated with The Medical Committee Netherlands-Vietnam (MCNV) and Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy with technical support from the Manipla Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) to provide a 12-month training course in occupational therapy (OT) techniques for students from Binh Dinh, Hue, Quang Nam and Quang Tri. Of which, 16 students from Binh Dinh are supported by Hold My
Hand project. Students are expected to come back the hospitals where they work and provide OT services for local patients after completing the training course by end of December 2020. For further support with OT techniques for 16 health staff (called local practitioners hereafter) after graduation, the project has developed a plan of sending foreign OT experts to provide coaching on OT clinical practice for them in the hospitals where they work in Binh Dinh province, provisionally starting from January to June 2021.
The project is contracting English-speaking international OT experts. To bridge the language gaps between the English-speaking experts and local Vietnamese-speaking practitioners, the project is seeking a competent and experience interpreter/translator to work with the international experts under a fixed-term 3-month contract with an option to renew for the next 3 months.
SCOPE OF WORK
- All the language gaps and barrier between the international OT experts and local OT practitioners in coaching sessions are satisfactorily bridged;
- All OT training materials prepared by the international OT experts are translated into proper Vietnamese language.
II. The interpreter’s responsibilities:
The OT training interpreter/translator’s responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Work closely with and translate for an OT expert during the coaching period in Binh Dinh province and assist the other expert when required.
- Translate in all OT coaching provided by the expert in health facilities;
- Translate all the OT coaching materials as requested by the expert;
- Translate in all meetings/seminars between the expert, local practitioners, CRS and other partners related to the OT coaching, including departments of health, local hospitals, etc.;
- Translate the expert’s reports and other related documents as required by the Hold My Hand Project team; and
- Act as a cultural broker for the expert.
III. Work location
The interpreter will be based in Binh Dinh province, mainly in Quy Nhon city with work-related travels to districts as required.
IV. Contract duration
This is a 3-month term contract with an option for another 3-month extension.
V. Expected deliverables
- All OT coaching days by the expert are successfully conducted with proper translation;
- All the OT coaching materials prepared in English by the expert are translated into proper Vietnamese technical language;
- All related reports and technical documents are translated into English vice versa as required;
- Both the expert and local practitioners either formally or informally reflect that the translations made by the interpreter are of good technical language.
VI. Required skills and qualifications
- At least B.A. in English language study or English language proficiency level with B. Sc. or diploma in rehabilitation
- At least two-year experience of working as an interpreter/translator in medical or rehabilitation sector. Experience in translation in OT field is preferable.
- Experience in translating coaching courses, training workshops, seminars or training courses
- Proven medical background, especially in rehabilitation sector
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Competent in WORD, Excel, PowerPoints and PDF.
- Experience working in hospital setting
- Adaptable to frequent travel
- Experience working in cross-culture settings
- Good social and interpersonal skills
3. Reporting requirements
The interpreter/translator is responsible to complete all the reports that are required by CRS.
V. Application processes
Interest applications, including a one-page cover letter and a resume with 3 reference contacts and copies of relevant qualifications, can be sent to email@example.com before the closing day of December 25, 2020 and only shortlisted candidates will be scheduled for interviews.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
27/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi
24/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi
13/02/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
25/01/2021Clean Energy Investment Accelerator (CEIA)
01/01/1970Clean Energy Investment Accelerator (CEIA)
03/02/2021European Representative Office (ERO)
31/01/2021Vietnam Red Cross Society (VNRC)
18/01/2021Humanity and Inclusion