JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Norwegian People's Aid (NPA) is an Oslo-based Humanitarian organization working in the field of Mine Action. We have operated in Vietnam since 2007 with Representative office and projects in Hanoi, Hue, Quang Tri and Quang Binh. We are seeking for qualified, enthusiastic, experienced Vietnamese applicants for the fulltime Interpreter/ Translator (INTRA) based in NPA Quang Binh project office, in Dong Hoi city with travels to fields, offices in provinces as work required.
Terms of reference:
- The Interpreter/Translator (INTRA) shall, under the guidance of the Provincial Program Manager (PPM) be responsible for all translation and interpretation of technical and non-technical issues for the program.
- The INTRA is also responsible for other tasks as directed by the PPM.
Area of responsibility
The position holder shall:
- be fully conversant with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and guidelines/technical terms used in operations.
- wear issued uniform and suitable footwear while working at fields.
- accompany NPA International staff on operational field visits and meetings/workshops, as directed.
- report to the PPM at the end of the working day for further assignments or as directed by Operations Manager (OM)/ Technical Field Manager (TFM).
- be the link between the local people, field teams, and the OM/TFM during operations.
- interpret & translate clear and accurately in a firm/confident manner, never attempt to include his/her own opinion into the translation.
As requirement at specific time, the position holder may
- be responsible to provide interpretation during training course, meetings, and workshops asrequired.
- travel and stay overnight in other provinces as required.
- work at weekends and/or evenings as required.
- perform any other task or duty as assigned by PPM/OM/TFM.
Qualification and experience requirements
- Bachelor degree
- Fluent English Speaking/writing skills
- Experience working as interpreter/translator is an advantage
- Good Interpersonal skills with working experience in multinational environment
- Able to handle confidential information appropriately
- Proven ability to work in a team and as individual effectively
- Able to work under stress to meet tight deadlines and handling multiple tasks
- Self-motivated, independent and proactive
- Basic knowledge in IT and mastery in MS Office applications
Interested candidates are requested to submit a CV, a cover letter (in English) to express why you are fit for the post and NPA, copies of related degrees/ certificates and 03 references to NPA via e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. or at NPA-Quang Binh project office on the 3rd floor, North Central Youth and Teenager Center, Truong Phap st., Quang Phu ward, Dong Hoi city, Quang Binh province
Please indicate clearly the POSITION you are applying for in your email subject.
The employment commencing date is expected in February/ March 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The closing date for applications is at 5pm on 31 January 2023 or may be earlier if we have qualified candidates for our recruitment requirement.