Announcement Number: HANOI-2021-48
Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
Position Title: Investigator - All Interested Applicants
Open Period: 08/25/2021 - 10/07/2021 Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
Series/Grade: LE - 0705 9
Salary: USD $20,075
Work Schedule: Full-time - Mon through Fri 40 hours/week
Promotion Potential: LE-9
Duty Location(s): Hanoi, VM
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info:
- HR Section
- 84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126
Incumbent of this position will be assigned to the US Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) Attaché Office. S/he will conduct moderate to highly complex and sensitive criminal investigative activities relating to wildlife trafficking within the host-country and transnational in nature. The incumbent will develop, collect, analyze, evaluate and disseminate investigative information received from a variety of sources. The incumbent will maintain working relationships with other U.S. law enforcement and host-country government officials. In support of, and at the direction of, the FWS Attaché, the incumbent will conduct surveillance, develop and interview informants and sources of information, write investigative reports, and participate in other investigative support activities. S/he will develop expertise in wildlife trafficking investigative intelligence and host-country laws related to conservation, wildlife trafficking laws, money laundering, and general criminal investigative procedures. The incumbent will organize and participate in USFWS outreach efforts, including conferences and training seminars. The incumbent will perform other duties as assigned by the Attaché.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least three years of experience in an investigative field in Government, military, police, or private security.
- Knowledge of investigative and research techniques, evidence collection, and law enforcement methods.
- Knowledge of the host-country law enforcement structure and political climates in the SE Asia and Oceana regions and the U.S.
A Bachelor’s degree in law, criminal justice, environmental science, natural resources management, business administration and wildlife biology is required.
- Fluent in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
- Fluent in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to use Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
For more information on how to apply, visit the official webpage and the Mission internet site at https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/
Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)For applicants who are USEFMs, the final grade/step for these positions will be determined by Washington DC. The proposed grade is FP [enter grade and salary].
- Other Document
- Driver's License
16/11/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
03/11/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
05/11/2021UNIDO - United Nations Industrial Development Organization
11/11/2021The International Center (IC)
31/10/2021Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
04/11/2021Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
12/11/2021The U.S. Embassy Hanoi
01/11/2021Development and Policies Research Center - DEPOCEN
15/11/2021World Health Organization (WHO)
31/10/2021The World Bank
All year round