Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Within the delegated authority and under the overall guidance of WHO Representative and the direct supervision of the WHO Health Emergency (WHE) Team Lead, the UN Volunteer IPC Program Support Officer will:
- Work together and assist the IPC focal point to ensure implementing IPC activities, following the WHO biennium workplan under the supervision of WHE team lead
- Support liaising with Vietnam Administrative Medical Service (VAMS), General Department for Preventive Medicine (GDPM), relevant departments of the MoH, and hospitals on implementing IPC related activities
- Support facilitating coordination related to IPC among developing partners: USCDC, PATH, HAIVN, and others
- Participating in field trips on monitoring, assessment of implementing ICP related activities at local levels
- Participating and support for trainings and workshops on IPC related activities
- Monitoring implementing IPC related activities with national counterparts under the scope of collaboration with WHO through DFCs, APW, STC
- Support facilitating meetings, workshops, and making reports on IPC related activities
- Support IPC focal point and WHE team lead, as requested
- Participate and support the Incidence Management System Team (IMST) for COVID-19 as an active member
- Provide langue support to WHE team members and IMST, as requested by supervisors
- Facilitating building good working relationships between WHO and the government counterparts, as requested by supervisors
- Support managing office IT applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint…), as requested by supervisors
- Bachelor’s degree in medicine.
- At least two year of professional work experience in public health.
- Working knowledge of the health system in Viet Nam is a strong asset, as is experience working in the WHO or other UN/international development organization.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Vietnamese(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including MoH leaders, hospitals;
- Familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in the mission of promoting the UN Sustainable Development Goals especially the goal on Universal Health Coverage (UHC) through stronger regulatory systems, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is an announcement for a national UNV assignment. Therefore, only citizens of Vietnam and legal residents of Vietnam with refugee or stateless status can apply for this advertisement.
Application deadline: 14-10-2020
HẠN CUỐI: 14/10/2020
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
15/12/2020United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
14/12/2020Center for Education Promotion and Empowerment of Women – CEPEW
15/12/2020World Food Programme (WFP)
29/11/2020Trường Dạy Tiếng Anh và Dạy Nghề Thăng Long
30/11/2020World Wildlife Fund (WWF) - Vietnam