Job description – IT Officer
Organisation: Woolcock Institute of Medical Research
The Woolcock Institute of Medical Research is affiliated with the University of Sydney in Australia and is recognized as one of the leading research institutions for respiratory diseases and sleep disorders. Operating in Vietnam since 2009, we have undertaken large operational, epidemiological and clinical research projects and run training in epidemiological and operational research methods for Vietnamese doctors and public health workers. The Woolcock Institute hasthree research centres and offices in Ha Noi, Ho Chi Minh City and Ca Mau. Currently we directly employ about 70 full-time staff and coordinates multiple study projects within lung health management and treatment across eleven provinces. We also expand research activity to other fields including antimicrobial resistance.
For more information about us, please visit:
Woolcock Institute of Medical Research in Sydney, Australia: www.woolcock.org.au
Woolcock Institute of Medical Research in Vietnam: www.woolcockvietnam.org
Location: Hanoi with possibility of domestic travel
Duration: 12 months appointment, with consideration for subsequent extension. This position will begin as soon as possible.
To provide timely technical and end-user support to users of Computers, Printers, Smart Phones, Application software, Systems software and all related desktop support across Woolcock.
Operation Manager (on IT) and Data Manager (on data work), Woolcock Institute of Medical Research, and, through these people to Dr Thu Anh Nguyen, the Country Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide level 1 and level 2 Desktop Management & Support (see detail)
- Provide Macintosh and Windows PC end-user support and services to Woolcock staff.
- Provide user support on Office 365, SharePoint, Team, Stream, StaffHub, Flow, Planner, Sway, Video, Windows Servers
- Maintains hardware and software inventory.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Windows 7, 10 and Microsoft Office and any other authorised desktop applications.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for printers, computer hardware and any other authorised peripheral equipment.
- Request and manage Sydney Unikey
- Manage and coordinate IT-related devices, and update information (status, handover, current user, etc) to Airtable for fixed-assets management.
- Develop manual and training for Woolcock staff on IT issues.
- Assigns and maintains user access to network drives (file and folders).
- Accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system.
- Set up and troubleshooting network connectivity in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Provide support on data management for assigned studies.
- Take direction from the Data and IT Manager in Sydney on strategic IT matters and work closely with the IT team in Australia in relation to data management.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written communication with stakeholders and maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries whilst adhering to all service management principles.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications and/or Desktop support experience in a complex environment.
- Proven ability to perform well under pressure, manage conflicting priorities and meet deadlines.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft operating systems (7 – 10), MAC OS, Active Directory, Exchange/Outlook, Office 365, TCP/IP, Symantec Anti-virus, Wireless networks.
- Experience working with small or medium storages systems (network attached storage).
- Up to date working knowledge of a wide range of computer technologies including desktop hardware and peripherals.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 2 years equivalent work experience.
- Industry certifications MCSE, ITIL
- Good English language skills
For interested applicants, please send a cover letter together with a CV (with the name and contact details of at least three senior referees) in English (both CV and cover letter), no later than 31/03/2020 by submitting the application form in the link as follows:
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until 31/03/2020, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)
25/12/2020The World Bank
25/12/2020Save the Children
15/12/2020World Wildlife Fund (WWF) - Vietnam
06/12/2020Aide Et Action International (AEAI)