Junior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer – Energy Projects
Based in Hanoi with frequent travel to other provinces (01 year employment contract – renewable yearly upon performance)
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in over 30 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV has been working in Vietnam since 1995. Using market-based approaches, SNV is committed to reducing poverty by catalysing environmentally sustainable solutions for the poor in agriculture, energy, water & sanitation.
BeCA For the period September 2021 – September 2024, SNV will implement the Bio-energy for Circular Agriculture (BeCA) project funded by DFAT under its Business Partnership Programme (BPP). The project aims to promote green and sustainable livestock production by converting biogas on commercial livestock farms into clean electricity, producing organic fertilizer and stimulating green investment in the livestock sector through carbon financing. BeCA will also contribute to Vietnam’s National Determined Contribution (NDC) by reducing GHG emissions in the growing livestock sector and by decreasing the national electrical grid dependence on coal-fired generators. SNV will bring to the BeCA its experience in promoting a green and productive livestock sector in Vietnam. SNV will play the role of a technical support unit in this partnership. SNV will work with EGreen to ensure technical and entrepreneurial capacities, attention to social inclusion and gender, and the technical requirements for BeCA. Furthermore, SNV will provide support to DFAT to verify the new biogas genset installation to confirm the RBF payment and monitor progress.
BioLive Starting in April 2022, SNV will implement the project “Biodigesters for a low-carbon Livestock sector” (BioLive). The project aims to support the installation of 50,000 household biodigesters for smallholder livestock farmers in over 20 selected provinces in Vietnam. Doing so, the project provides clean and affordable energy to rural households, contributing to rural development and environmental protection, creating jobs for rural labour and reduction of greenhouse gas emissions to combat the climate change. The Project aims to strengthen the market through knowledge transfer, quality control and a Result Based Finance incentive. BioLive is a Public – Private Partnership between Biodigester Enterprises, Provincial Authorities and SNV and builds on the capacities and expertise of SNV after 18 years of experiences in the implementation of the Biogas Programme.
Both programmes have a significant data collection, data processing and monitoring component. This work includes both (digital) document control as well as (phone-based) customer contacting for verification. For the position SNV is looking for a candidate that has:
Under the leadership of the Project Manager, the Junior M&E Officer will provide the following roles and support to BeCa and BioLive’s entire implementation:
- Monitoring the production on the online database
- Performing verification (phone and physical) for the reported production
- Coordinating with local authorities and logistic support on organizing project workshops, trainings, focus group discussions, and field visits
- Providing translations/interpreting when required
- Support the project team and sector leader adequately to requirements on needs-basis
- University degree
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience at international organisation(s); experience supporting and conducting field data collection of sustainable energy and agriculture development project is a plus
- Experience in working with on-line databases
- Experience in survey enumeration
- Good (telephone) interviewing skills
- General knowledge of office software
- Understanding and experience in project monitoring and evaluation is preferable
- Ability to work independently and with the team with multi-tasking and “can-do” attitude
- Good oral and written communication skills (English and Vietnamese)
- Good computer skills in MS-applications (Word, Excel, Internet, Email)
- Willing to travel to other provinces
Contract Duration: SNV Vietnam offers a one-year employment contract with the possible extension based on performance.
Desired start date: ASAP
How to apply?
Please send your application letter and CV to This Link, together with an indication of your current salary and compensation package and contacts of up to 3 referees of your past employment to by 25th November 2022.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
05/12/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact
04/12/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact