As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: 1) Vocational training; 2) Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resource; 3) Energy. For further information, please visit our website: www.giz.de/viet-nam.
The Global Programme "Partnership Approaches for Development-oriented Vocational Training and Labour Migration” (PAM) aims to implement development-oriented migration and mobility models for vocational training and employment in four partner countries. One of the partner countries is Viet Nam, where a new mobility scheme linking vocational training and migration for skilled workers is being piloted. Programme aims to create strong partnerships between governmental, private sector and civil society actors with added value for Viet Nam as country of origin of skilled workers. This is aimed through close links to strengthen the image of the vocational training sector in Viet Nam by supporting the recognition of the Vietnamese TVET qualification in Germany allowing supported TVET graduates to enter the German labour market or the Vietnamese labour market as skilled workers. To share the gained experience and learn from it on a global level, the establishment of transnational networks is supported, and learning dialogue and exchange formats are organized between the partner countries and Germany.
In order to support the pilot activities in Viet Nam, the Programme "Partnership Approaches for Development-oriented Vocational Training and Labour Migration” (PAM) is looking for a qualified national candidate to fill the following position:
Junior Programme Officer “PAM” Duty station: Hanoi, Viet Nam Duration: Starting ASAP for 1-year contract with the possibility of extension (full-time position)
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Supporting in planning, implementation, quality assurance, monitoring and evaluation, documentation of programme activities
- Supporting in coordinating, guiding and assisting national and international short-term experts in implementing activities within PAM in Viet Nam
- Supporting the preparation (incl. cost estimation) and organization of events
- Supporting in administrative and contractual procedures such as the development of Terms of References, management and online archive of consultancy contracts/service contracts according to GIZ rules and regulations
- Supporting the organization of working group meetings on labour migration topic and the collaboration with other working groups of the TVET Programme to implement cross-cutting activities
- Contact person for beneficiaries of PAM in Viet Nam (e.g. students)
- Communication, PR and knowledge management in consultation with (Sr.) Programme Officer and/or Team leader
- Conducting field visits to programme locations based on needs and requirements of the programme as well as supporting the field visits of other colleagues
- Other tasks as required by higher bands staffs
- Bachelor’s Degree in law, economics, foreign language or another relevant field
- Good knowledge of TVET and labour migration area, especially knowledge of partnership approach for development-oriented vocational training and labour migration is a plus,
- Very good knowledge of English and Vietnamese spoken and written
- Up to one year working experience with international organizations in the field of TVET and labour migration area is a plus
- Experience in PR/communication is priority
- Good skills in supporting the organization of online and offline events
- Good communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in translating official documents is a plus
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook), MS Teams or equivalent open-source packages
- Service orientation and proactive working style
- Teamwork ability, dynamic, self-management, and interest in development work
- Willingness to travel.
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions in a friendly and creative working environment, open corporate culture, competitive benefits and compensation, and good training and professional development possibilities.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application Form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Viet Nam), until 29th July 2022.
Note: Please state “Application for the position of Junior Programme Officer at PAM” in the subject line or on the envelope.
The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 1 week after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please visit our page GIZ Viet Nam – Career Opportunities at https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/109163.html to download the GIZ Application Form.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE
31/08/2022FIT & IRD VN