- Duty station: Hanoi, Vietnam
- Duration of assignment: ASAP – 30.04.2025
As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work in a variety of fields and support our cooperation partners in designing strategies and meeting their policy goals. GIZ Viet Nam is currently engaged in three priority areas: 1) Vocational training; 2) Environmental policy and sustainable natural resource use;3)Energy. Gender equality is one of the key values of our company and of the work we do. Fostering gender equality in our project operation and our internal equal opportunity provisions are two strategic pillars of our corporate identity and policy. For further information please visit our website: www.giz.de/vietnam.
The two projects Go Circular and Initiative for Global Solidarity (IGS) implement a joint work package that aims at increasing the quantity and quality of locally recycled post-industrial waste with focus on textile-to-textile recycling, but gradually also other material streams. This activity contributes to the two projects’ overarching objectives of 1) advancing circular economy in Viet Nam (Go Circular) and 2) improving the competitiveness of Vietnamese manufacturers by increasing their sustainability performance and preparing them for the rising sustainability requirements in global value chains (IGS).
The Junior Project Officer will be involved in all activities of the two projects targeting at the improvement of local recycling capacities. This includes, among other:
- Support the project team in setting up and managing pilot projects to test and showcase the feasibility of innovation in recycling of post-industrial waste, in cooperation with various implementation partners and stakeholder groups
- Support the project team in steering and monitoring a cooperation project to develop a pilot online marketplace for secondary material with a focus on plastics and textiles
- Support the coordination and organization of international and local events including conferences, workshops, training, webinars, or strategic groups discussions
- Support the preparation of protocol matters, taking meeting minutes, or document key discussion points during physical and virtual meetings
- Support daily operational tasks as well as the monitoring and evaluation of the project activities; contribute to the knowledge management of the project by collecting and adequately distributing information on learnings and success stories and develop targeted communication material follow the dynamic debate on the potentials and challenges of closed-loop recycling in Viet Nam and share new insights with the team and project partners
- Assist other project activities when required, such as maintaining contact lists, creating and updating general project communication material and presentations as well as providing translation of short documents
The brief profile is not intended to provide a full and complete description. Where appropriate and reasonable, the position holder is willing to perform tasks outside the scope of the job description.
- University degree (Bachelor or Master) in an area that is relevant for the project (e.g. Environmental Management; Textile Management, Business Administration; Supply Chain Management or other relevant disciplines)
- At least 2 years of professional work experience in related positions, preferably with the private sector
- Relevant experience and expertise on the topics of Circular Economy, Supply Chain Management or Sustainability, Multi-Stakeholder-Cooperation, Post-Industrial Waste Management and/or Material Science
- Excellent verbal and written English and Vietnamese language skills
- Good command of MS Office, MS Teams and other relevant tools to ensure smooth cooperation, also in the digital space
- Pro-active and structured working style, highly motivated with the willingness to learn on the job, focusing on results and taking into account different needs and expectations from the involved cooperation partners
- Proven ability to work with and contribute to a team, also in an intercultural context
- Good communication and networking skills with stakeholders from the private but also public and development sector
- Willingness to travel regularly within in Viet Nam
- Good working environment
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages, including the additional health insurance and the 24-hours accident insurance.
- And good policy on training and development
- Policy on flexible working time
GIZ is committed to create an appreciative work environment, irrespective of age, ethnic background and nationality, gender and gender identity, physical and mental abilities, religion and worldview, sexual orientation and social background. We ensure human resource processes live up to the diverse competencies and talents of all employees, as well as satisfy our performance expectations.
How to apply
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application Form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to email@example.com) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam) before 28th August 2023.
Note: Please state “Application for the Junior Project Officer for the Promotion of Closed-Loop Recycling” in the subject line or on the envelope. The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
Please visit our page GIZ Viet Nam – Career Opportunities at https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/109163.html to download the GIZ Application Form.
05/10/2023US Consulate HCMC
06/10/2023Save the Children
11/10/2023Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV)
04/10/2023Save the Children