As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work in a variety of fields and support our cooperation partners in designing strategies and meeting their policy goals. GIZ Viet Nam is currently focusing its engagement in following main areas: 1) Technical and Vocational Education and Training, Labour Market and Labour Migration; 2) Climate and Environment; 3) Energy; 4) Sustainable Economic Development. Gender equality is one of the key values of our company and of the work we do. Fostering gender equality in our project operation and our internal equal opportunity provisions are two strategic pillars of our corporate identity and policy. For further information please visit our website: www.giz.de/viet-nam.
The organisation’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients. GIZ International Services is currently preparing for the EU funded project tender EU-Viet Nam Women-led Green Partnership Programme in forecast stage.
The project’s objective is to enhance the role and the voice of women in gender-responsive green transition processes. The European Union’s (EU) Multiannual Indicative Program for cooperation with Viet Nam 2021-2027 foresees climate-responsive digital circular economy as one of EU’s priority areas.
The EU-funded project: “EU-Viet Nam Women-led Green Partnership Programme” is looking for a qualified local professional for the position of:
Key Expert on Gender and Civil Society Duty station: Hanoi, Vietnam Duration of Assignment: 01.06.2023 – 31.05.2027
The Key Expert (m/f/d) will act as close collaborator of the Team Leader. (S)he will strengthen the technical and operational capacities of gender-responsive and environmental-sensitive non-state actors to implement initiatives particularly in the fields of climate change adaptation and mitigation, disaster risk reduction, environmental protection, sustainable agriculture, sustainable forestry, responsible consumption and production practices, and gender equality.
- A Master’s Degree or equivalent in international relations, social sciences, environmental related topics, law, or a discipline related to the issues covered in the programme or equivalent professional experience in any discipline relevant to the project of a minimum of 10 years.
- Thorough knowledge of the EU Gender Action Plan, including familiarity with Team Europe Initiatives would be vital.
- Proven organisational, communication, mobilisation and change management skills.
- Excellent training and mentoring skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- An excellent verbal and written command of English is required. Knowledge of Vietnamese is an asset.
General professional experience:
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience related to a programme in the field of gender-sensitive climate change actions and environmental conservation policies with a focus on the role and incorporation of girls and women.
- Extensive professional experience in South-East Asia (preferably Viet Nam) is essential.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in working directly with non-state and state actors on national and provincial level.
Specific professional experience:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in capacity building and training for non-state and state actors on gender-sensitive climate change adaptation and mitigation issues and environmental protection.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in organizing and formulating participatory public dialogues with civil society actors on programme related subjects.
- Demonstrable experience in disaster risk reduction frameworks, addressing the security needs of women and girls.
- Experience in awareness raising activities conducted at community level.
- Proven knowledge of the principles of EU project cycle management and its implementation is an asset.
Please note that the European Union has not yet published the detailed Terms of Reference for this project.Therefore, this position's location, timing, tasks, and requirements may be subject to change.
GIZ is committed to create an appreciative work environment, irrespective of age, ethnic background and nationality, gender and gender identity, physical and mental abilities, religion and worldview, sexual orientation, and social background. We ensure human resource processes live up to the diverse competencies and talents of all employees, as well as satisfy our performance expectations.
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions, competitive compensation and benefits and good policies of training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application Form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to email@example.com) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam) before 17th March 2023.
Note: Please state: “Application for the Key Expert on Gender and Civil Society of the EU funded Tender: EU-Viet Nam Women-led Green Partnership Program” in the subject line or on the envelope. The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please visit our page GIZ Viet Nam – Career Opportunities at https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/109163.html to download the GIZ Application Form.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE