JOB ANNOUNCEMENT – LAB OFFICER
The University of North Carolina in Vietnam is a research organization of the University of North Carlina at Chapel Hill, USA. Our missions are conducting clinical research of new treatment methods for HIV prevention, TB treatment, mental health in both treatment and behavior changes for people living with HIV, TB patients, men who have sex with men and people who inject drug. Our partners are Hanoi Medical University, Hospitals in Hanoi, Provincial CDCs nationwide. We are conducting clinical trials of HIV/AIDS Prevention Trial Network (HPTN) and AIDS Clinical Trial Group (ACTG).
We have been conducting HPTN 083, a clinical trial to evaluate the safety and efficacy of the injectable agent, cabotegravir (CAB LA), for pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) in HIV-uninfected cisgender men and transgender women who have sex with men (MSM and TGW). This study is conducted by The University of North Carolina (UNC), Hanoi Medical University in a cooperation with the 198 Hospital for 6 years.
In addition to the HPTN 083 study, we are currently one of the research sites selected for a new clinical trial which is a study looking at hepatitis B vaccination in adults living with HIV. The study will involve individuals who have received a previous hepatitis B vaccination, but the vaccine did not respond well and individuals who have never received the vaccination. The study will compare how well an individual responds to the vaccine in different groups based on the type of vaccine and number of doses.
We are also preparing for a TB treatment clinical trials to test a new TB regimen for MDR-TB patients and their House Hold Contacts.
We are now seeking a talented, dedicated and committed individual to join our team with the position of Lab Officer working at study site/Yen Hoa Health Clinic, Cau Giay Health District, Hanoi.
Position: 01 Lab Officer
Full-time position. Based in Hanoi.
Report to: The UNC Lab Manager in Vietnam
The incumbent of this position is responsible for assisting the UNC Lab Manager in preparation phase prior site activation and implementation phase of the clinical trial on hepatitis B vaccination in adults living with HIV. This position will support UNC Lab Manager in coordinating, monitoring, supervising all specimen collection, processing, testing, storage, and transportation activities in the study to assure quality of these laboratory as the study requirements
Duties & Responsibilities:
Primary duties and responsibilities for the incumbent of this position may include, but are not limited to the following: match
- Assisting the Laboratory Manager to coordinate all preparation activities of the study-related laboratories to ensure these laboratories being compliance with Good Clinical Laboratory Practices Standards (GCLP) requirements from DAIDS prior the study activation.
- Planning and coordinating all preventive maintenance, calibration, and repairs for all laboratory equipment at on-site laboratory.
- Responsibility for importation/ exportation the study samples to abroad.
- Managing laboratory data of the study on the web Laboratory Data Management System (LDMS) and other laboratory database, which consist specimen data entry and resolving queries of data discrepancies.
- Responsibility for filling all required documents of the studies in soft copy on server and in paper.
- Monitoring and supervising day-to-day activities of technicians at the on-site laboratory.
- Procuring and monitoring inventory of all consumable materials, test kits and equipment for the on-site laboratory.
- Reporting lab activities to the Laboratory Manager monthly and ad-hoc if required.
- Translate study documents (English Vietnamese-English).
- Participating in other clinical trials if required.
- Perform other tasks as requested by Lab Manager, and In-Country Director.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor in biological or laboratory sciences or relevant fields.
- One years related work experience in clinical laboratory including experience with laboratory quality control and quality assurance systems and implementation is preferable.
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated creative problem- solving skills
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new areas and willingness to contribute to a dynamic team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both Vietnamese and English.
- Experience with computers, including word processing, spreadsheets, and the Internet.
- Work experience with NGOs/INGOs is preferred but not mandatory
Salaries and Benefits: Competitive salary
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to email a cover letter with contacts for three references and a CV to Mrs. Luong Thi My Ly at email@example.com (in the subject line, please put “Lab Officer”), or by post to the UNC office at Room 407-408, Building A2, Van Phuc Diplomatic Compound, 298 Kim Ma street, Ba Dinh district, Hanoi no later than 30 September 2021.
We are sorry that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Organisation Name: UNC
Application Deadline: Thu, 2021-09-30
16/11/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
03/11/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
05/11/2021UNIDO - United Nations Industrial Development Organization
11/11/2021The International Center (IC)
31/10/2021Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
04/11/2021Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
12/11/2021The U.S. Embassy Hanoi
01/11/2021Development and Policies Research Center - DEPOCEN
15/11/2021World Health Organization (WHO)
31/10/2021The World Bank
All year round