Job Title: Recruit a laboratory team to perform analysis of urine samples to measure sodium and creatinine concentrations collected for STEPS 2020 survey
The WHO Representative Office in Viet Nam is supporting the Ministry of Health (MOH) and the General Statistics Office (GSO) to conduct STEPS 2020 survey. The STEPS survey is the core component of the WHO NCD monitoring framework, providing 12 out of 25 indicators. STEPS survey provides information about NCD risk factors including alcohol use, tobacco use, unhealthy diet and physical inactivity. The STEPS survey uses standardized stepwise methods developed by WHO. STEP1 includes household interviewing to obtain demographic information and information about NCD risk behaviours. STEP2-3 include inviting participants to commune health stations to obtain physical measurements and biochemical measurements. Urine samples of participants are also collected for analysis of sodium concentration and creatinine concentration.
The STEPS 2020-2012 will have a sample size of 5000 for STEPS1 stage and about 4500 for the STEPS 2-3 stage. Data collection is on-going and urine samples are being collected and sent back to Hanoi for measurement of sodium and creatinine concentrations.
The WHO Representative Office in Viet Nam recruits a laboratory team to perform analysis of urine samples to measure sodium and creatinine concentrations collected for STEPS 2020 survey.
2. Work to be performed
- To collect urine samples from a STEPS partner in Hanoi (to be advised later)
- To verify and match samples with IDs from respective 63 provinces in Vietnam
- To perform laboratory analysis of creatinine and sodium concentration in about 4500 urine samples using direct iron selective electrodes (direct ISE) technique or a technique that has been certified.
- To input data of testing results with matching ID code of participants in excel file and submit to WHO.
Output 1: Measurement of urine sodium and creatinine concentrations in about 4500 samples conducted in high quality, data entered without error and reported to WHO in time.
- Deliverable 1.1: IDs of urine samples checked with relevant public health institutes and provincial CDC team, verify and correct as necessary. A report of this work should be submitted to WHO.
- Deliverables 1.2: Outputs reading from machine results will be submitted as an evidence of the test running and respective results.
- Deliverables 1.3: Result of the urine sodium and creatinine concentration inputted in an excel file with matching IDs and sent to a contact person (to be specified by WHO) at Hanoi University of Public Health and WHO office in Viet Nam.
3. Specific requirements
- A laboratory team lead with at least 5 years of experience on the required tests described above
- Having testing machine in sufficient quantity to conduct the required tests described above in time
- Having qualified laboratory technicians with sufficient experience of the required tests described above
Bidders interested to this APW are requested to submit their financial proposal with supporting documents demonstrating their competency, experience and quality.
5. Place of assignment Hanoi, Viet Nam is preferred but not limited
6. Medical clearance N/A
7. Travel N/A
8. Budget Please take note of the following when submitting application:
- The contractor will be responsible for paying taxes, if any.
Full proposal with estimation of costs, description of technical team, and supporting documents should be received on/or before 18 February 2021 and should be addressed to:
Administrative Officer World Health Organization UN Building, 304 Kim Ma Street, Hanoi, Viet Nam
For further information on this TOR, please contact: email@example.comCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
28/04/2021Fauna & Flora International
30/04/2021Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)