LEAD PROGRAM DEVELOPER RIKOLTO IN SOUTH-EAST ASIA
Context of the Assignment
Rikolto is an international NGO with more than 40 years’ experience in partnering farmer organisations and food chain stakeholders across Africa, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Rikolto runs programmes in 16 countries worldwide through seven regional offices. We are a close-knit network of accessible and knowledgeable colleagues, willing to share experience, and eager to inspire others. More background information can be found on our website www.rikolto.org.
Rikolto is re-structuring its organisation into a functional structure based upon 4 international cluster programs (cocoa, coffee, rice, and food smart cities). At subcontinental level, the organisation is re-organising the different offices around these programs.
Rikolto has programs up and running in Indonesia and Vietnam and is planning to integrate these programs into one South-East Asia program on the one hand and starting up activities in other South-East Asian countries on the other hand.
The objectives of the assignment are to
- Design the South-East Asian food system program structured around the 4 cluster programs (cocoa, coffee, rice, and food smart cities) resulting in a regional program with viable but ambitious financial plans and fundraising prospects included.
- Propose in close collaboration with the SEA programme development team a plan to realize staff expertise and way of working of the different offices and the structuring of the organisation at SE Asian level.
- Formulate a program for DGD funding (Belgian Development Cooperation) for Vietnam (Rice, Cocoa and Food Smart Cities) and Indonesia (Cocoa, coffee, rice and food smart cities).
Scope of Work
The scope of work and expected outputs/deliverables will be the following:
- Collect, review, and analyse all the necessary documents to fully substantiate current context in Vietnam, Indonesia, and other countries in the SEA region.
- Carry out stakeholder analysis to bring out the roles and responsibilities of key players and institutions that play a vital role in the SEA programme implementation at both national and SEA regional levels.
- Identify potential partnerships at SEA levels and potential countries of expansion besides existing partners in Vietnam and Indonesia and different modalities/mode of operation in the new countries.
- Propose a design for the SEA food system programme structure considering the current strategies in the countries.
- Within the context of the proposed SEA food system programme, identify potential donors as well as potential institutions we should collaborate with in developing and submitting concept notes/proposals to donors
- Lead the design and formulation of a program for DGD funding in Vietnam with Vietnam team’s support and inputs based on consultations, discussion, and baseline information.
- Lead the design and formulation of a program for DGD funding in Indonesia with the Indonesian team’s support and inputs based on consultation, discussion, and baseline information.
- Together with the SEA team, come up with the most efficient way of organizing the SEA team to serve its purpose of a network organization, structure around 4 clusters to deliver stated impact at global level.
- SEA food system programme including fundraising prospects (end of Oct 2021).
- Recommendations regarding partnership, institutional arrangement, mode of operations in new countries and needed expertise, organizational structure (end of Nov 2021).
- Vietnam DGD programme proposal with template given (end of June 2021).
- Indonesian DGD programme proposal with template given (end of June 2021).
The consultant will work closely with the SEA Programme Development Team, currently consisting of the directors of Rikolto in Vietnam and Indonesia, the global Rice Cluster Coordinator, and the Global Executive Director.
The consultant will strictly follow the work plan and the time schedule agreed with the SEA Programme Development Team in undertaking the contract assignment.
- An appropriate methodology will be determined by the consultant in consultations with the SEA programme development team.
- The consultant will work in close collaboration with SEA programme development team.
- The consultant will undertake the collection of all the required data/information from various sources, including Government departments, Ministries, and other relevant sources.
- The country teams in Vietnam and Indonesia will provide support and facilitate when official letters are required.
- The consultant will facilitate in presentations and coordination of the stakeholder workshops/consultations organized as per the agreed work schedule.
Duration of the work
The assignment will start early April till end of December 2021 at the latest. The exact schedule with detailed plan and methodology will be developed by the consultant to meet the deadlines for each output.
The consultancy contract will be signed by Rikolto International (International Office), led by the Executive Director.
- The consultant will be based in SEA countries, preferably in Vietnam or Indonesia, but will undertake a mix of in-country and distance mode of working based on an agreed work-plan and methodology.
- The consultant is expected to use his/her own computer and other equipment required for the task.
- Long and/or convincing track record in multi-country strategy and program development in SE Asia within food systems, for INGOs, Multinational Institutions, and/or (social) enterprises.
- Good understanding of the trends of the donors and ability to link Rikolto's core programs with those donor focuses.
- Convincing track record in developing winning concept notes and proposals to major donors, private foundations, bilateral and multilateral donors, UN agencies, trusts, and other institutional donors.
- Possesses huge relevant network.
- A strong communicator (English language).
Foreseen start: ASAP. End: 31 December 2021, for a total of 80 to 100 days.
Candidates can send a motivation letter, proposed cost and their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 March 2021 at the latest.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
30/04/2021Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)