Announcement Number: HANOI-2021-55
Lead Maintenance Technician - All Interested Applicants (Residential Utility Foreman)
10/08/2021 - 10/22/2021
Vacancy Time Zone:
LE - 1210 7
Full-time - 44 hours/week
1 in Hanoi, VM
For More Info:
HR Section 84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126 HanoiHR@state.gov
- Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
For USEFM - FS is FP-7. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C. Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required:
Public Trust - Background Investigation
Appointment Type Details:
- Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 44 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: Yes
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
Travel Required: Not Required
Incumbent of this position will Work in the Facility Maintenance Section (FAC) of the Embassy, as primarily a first line supervisory works under the direction of the FAC Residential Maintenance Supervisor. S/he will ensure the electrical and mechanical technicians carry-out scheduled and unscheduled preventive maintenance and repair work to all mission buildings Residential and Non-Residential, Government Owned and Leased properties.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least three (3) years of experience in the repair and maintenance of electrical systems, equipment and components experience as an electrical apprentice or installer, and additional 6 months of supervisory experience is required.
Maintenance and repair of power and lighting circuits associated with switchboards and control gear in single-phase and polyphase systems.
Minor component replacement and repairs of motors, generators, controls, and recording instruments.
Electrical testing procedures in circuitry and control devices to monitor, diagnose faults, determine continuity, insulation resistance, impedance and capacity levels, all in accordance with US and host country regulations.
Must has the working knowledge of mechanical systems to include basic plumbing and split pack A/C units. Reading and working from engineering drawings, specifications, electrical schematics, control circuits and material list
Completion of Secondary School (grade 12) and completion of vocational training from an accredited institute recognized as producing journeyman level technicians with a concentration in electrical principles and applications is required.
- Good working knowledge in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
- Good working knowledge in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work as part of a team, work under pressure and a tight schedule.
- A flexible approach to work shifts and answer emergency calls at all hours.
- A valid vehicle driver's license is required (Vietnamese's license Level A1 and B). (This will be tested)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site at https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/
Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Driver's License
- Other Document
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.
03/11/2021STEAM for Vietnam
16/11/2021STEAM for Vietnam
16/11/2021STEAM for Vietnam
16/11/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
03/11/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
05/11/2021UNIDO - United Nations Industrial Development Organization
11/11/2021The International Center (IC)
31/10/2021Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
04/11/2021Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
12/11/2021The U.S. Embassy Hanoi