Cardno is currently seeking a qualified Lead Safety & Environmental Compliance Specialist (LSECS) for a USAID-funded project in SE Asia.
The Specialist will serve as the expert in site safety monitoring in conformance with the approved Site-Wide Health and Safety Plan (HASP). LSECS will work closely with the government in developing all documentation and implementing the Health and Safety component of the project. LSECS will serve as a subject matter expert (SME) on toxic substances/hazardous waste remediation matters, providing counsel and advice on environmental remediation impacts, cleanup standards, personal protective equipment (PPE), and technology.
Responsibilities Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct site orientation training, Site-Wide HASP and Project-specific Supplemental Health and Safety Plan (SHASP) review, and daily tailgate safety meetings;
- Enforce implementation and compliance with the Site-Wide HASP, Project-specific SHASP, and Project Safety and Health Programs;
- Review and provide comment on SHASPs submitted by site contractors and subcontractors;
- Maintain copies of the Site-Wide HASP and Project-specific SHASP on site during field activities;
- Implement provisions of the Site-Wide HASP, project-specific SHASP, and the Project Safety and Health Program;
- Ensure that Project Contractor personnel meet training and medical surveillance requirements;
- Facilitate and manage the Project Contractor Serum Dioxin Monitoring Program and training;
- Maintain training records for the Project.
- Conduct training as new activities and/or hazards are introduced and updated;
- Emphasize safety and hold Project Contractor personnel accountable for safe work performance;
- Review and communicate site hazards and establish safety control measures;
- Maintain a hazardous substance inventory list and SDS and make available to all Project Contractors;
- Maintain an adequate inventory of safety equipment and supplies;
- Perform safety inspections and document safety and health findings on inspection log and provide to the A&E Bien Hoa Contractor Chief of Party (COP);
- Track safety and health deficiencies to ensure that they are corrected and report any deficiencies to the A&E Bien Hoa Contractor COP weekly;
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly safety and health findings to the A&E Bien Hoa Contractor;
- Establish site control work zones and boundaries;
- Enforce and monitor the PPE requirements in the Site-Wide HASP;
- Enforce and monitor the decontamination procedures established in the Site-Wide HASP;
- Perform and/or coordinate site exposure monitoring;
- Report safety violations or safety and health concerns promptly to the Contractor and A&E Bien Hoa Contractor COP;
- Ensure correction of unsafe work conditions and/or unsafe work practices;
- Monitor and evaluate safety and health performance of Project Contractor operations;
- Maintain and report safety and health records including anonymous blood serum dioxin monitoring results to the A&E Bien Hoa COP to be shared with USAID;
- Work with the Project Contractors’ Site Health & Safety Officer (HSO) to maintain and update Activity Hazard Analyses (AHAs) as Project Contractor activities progress;
- Report and investigate accidents and incidents and provide reports to the A&E Bien Hoa Contractor COP;
- Communicate with the A&E Bien Hoa Contractor regarding site activities and Site-Wide HASP compliance; and
- Communicate with the CO to evaluate and resolve safety and health issues.
Qualifications Minimum Education, Training, & Certifications
- B.S. in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Toxicology, Chemistry, Biology, or other related field is preferred.
- CSP and/or CIH preferred.
- MUST HAVE 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification and 8-hour HAZWOPER Supervisor certification;
- Medical surveillance and fit testing will be required;
- MUST HAVE 30-hour OSHA Construction Outreach Safety Training certificate;
- 40-Hour US Army Corps of Engineers EM 385-1-1 Training is preferred.
Professional registration as an engineer, geologist or safety expert in the United States
- Minimum 10 years of field and administrative experience in the management of health and safety programs for hazardous waste remediation and construction sites.
- Experience in data collection and report preparation related to environmental site assessment and remediation
- Experience in data correlation and analysis for reporting and mitigating job hazards
Competencies, Knowledge and Skills
- Proven experience developing and finalizing high quality deliverables.
- Ability to take responsibility for assignments, work independently, with minimal supervision, meet deadlines, and effectively manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Experience preparing reports for USAID or other donor-funded programs.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with host county governments, counterparts, and international donor agencies.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Projects.
- Ability and willingness to travel with previous overseas engineering/health & safety/construction experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
Assignment duration: Up to three (3) years
Location: Southeast AsiaNO DEADLINE Location Hanoi Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam