Position: Lead Social Worker
Hours: Full time with flexible hours, On Call
Location: Tay Ho, Hanoi
Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV) is seeking a Vietnamese candidate to fill the position as Blossom House for girls Social Worker in Tay Ho, Ha Noi.
Purpose of position
To provide a high level of direct care to girls living at the Blossom House. This includes short-term and long-term goals and development of individualized action plans. In addition, the Lead Social Worker will provide support and coach junior Social Workers.
HSCV is dedicated to providing Vietnam’s most vulnerable groups with the opportunities, tools and resources needed to develop in all of their capacity so they can resist exploitation, break free from poverty, and build a better future.
Blossom House for girls
The Blossom House for girls was founded in 2011 in Hanoi Vietnam to provide refuge to girls who have been living within an abusive environment as well as those living in abject poverty with no stable family support. Once in the home, the girls are given access to health care, education, and emotional support, providing much-needed stability in their daily lives. By addressing the challenges and struggles faced by girls in Vietnam, we encourage young women to become capable and strong members of the community and identify their individual strengths.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Assess potential clients. Interview each girl, and their families to better understand their situations. Assess each girl’s capabilities, and problems to determine what services or care is required to meet their needs.
- Develop a trusted relationship with each client that is based on truth and transparency
- Work on personal goals with girls through a personalized action plan and help girl formulate personal goals/problems/ skills
- Support the clients with seeking opportunities for personal growth to enable them to develop their skills, passions, and dreams.
- Engage with each child’s family and ensure they are included in the decision making process for the child.
- Keep organized, clear and up to date record of each child’s progress and action plan in their individual files.
- Provide crisis intervention and care
- Attend scheduled team meetings
- Hold informal meetings among house staff as needed
- Support fellow team members by providing feedback, guidance and coaching
- Help create an environment that is friendly, accepting and supportive for all clients and teammates.
- Create and support fun and engaging recreational activities, events and workshops
- Work directly with governmental officials, schools and organizational partners.
- Engage with donors and visitors to the house.
A successful candidate will begin working immediately.
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Social Work, Education or Phycology or related field
- Three to five years of practical experience within the field of Social Work
- Experience working with NGOs, or other Non-profit organizations
- Experience working in a group home setting
- Good computer skills: MS Office, internet and ability to learn new programs
- Strong teamwork skills; conflict and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Some English
Personal Traits of an Ideal Candidate
- Hands on experience working with children and families
- Highly organized and able to work under pressure
- Driven and motivated to support children
- Strong leadership skills and have the ability to motivate staff
- Must have decision making skills
- Effectively deal with local authorities at all levels
- Demonstrate high level of trustworthiness, honesty, empathy
- Determined, result-oriented and ability to work under high pressure
- Commitment to social welfare awareness and possess a deep knowledge of social welfare issues
Compensation and Benefits
- Monthly salary depending on qualifications and previous experience
- Free lunch provided
- Social Insurance provided
- Motorbike insurance provided after one year of employment
- Normal working hours vary
- Some weekend and overnight work are required
- National Holiday’s off as well as 12 personal days in the first year, 22 days for every year after
How to apply
Send a Cover Letter, CV, letters of recommendation and any other supporting documents to Blossom House Manager, Pham Quynh Trang at email@example.com. Application should be in English. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
The Deadline for application is March 31, 2021.
Note: interviews are to begin immediately and the job may be filled prior to the deadline. Applicants are encouraged to apply early.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
27/04/2021British Embassy Hanoi
04/05/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/05/2021Viện Lãnh đạo ABG
05/05/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
23/04/2021FIT & IRD
03/05/2021Làng trẻ em SOS Việt Nam
08/05/2021The U.S. Embassy