Title: Legal Counsel Location: Any PATH existing office in Asia Middle East and Europe (AMEE) region Division: Legal Affairs
** Please include or upload a cover letter with your resume.
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, with expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges. PATH’s offices, affiliate NGOs and programs operate in 30 countries across the globe, including in Africa, the Americas, Asia Pacific and Europe.
The Legal Affairs team enables PATH’s mission of bringing health equity to all by providing strategic and pragmatic legal counsel to facilitate innovation and collaboration while enhancing compliance and smartly managing risk. The Legal Affairs department currently consists of 14 team members: a General Counsel, six attorneys, five paralegals, and two paralegal assistants.
Legal Affairs’ mission is to support PATH's diverse portfolio of public health projects by being trusted advisors and partnering with clients and other stakeholders to achieve PATH’s strategic objectives within sound risk tolerance and efficient decision-making frameworks, tailored and adaptable to meet institutional and programmatic needs.
This position is for an attorney with experience providing comprehensive legal services that enable sound and strategic decision-making, strong and effective partnerships and achievement of organizational priorities in an ever-evolving and complex environment. The ideal candidate has a background in research, technology and product development, public/private partnerships, healthcare, and/or public health. This individual will work closely with program teams which are developing sustainable primary healthcare, addressing prevalent infectious and non-communicable diseases, strengthening public health systems and developing innovative technology in collaboration with private and public sector entities and multilateral organizations.
- Act as trusted advisor and responsible attorney for assigned program portfolios, providing pragmatic legal counsel and strategic advice to facilitate development and enhancement of public health systems, healthcare interventions and health equity strategies through collaborations and other transactional structures, intellectual property matters and risk assessments.
- Draft a wide range of agreements including memorandums of understanding with government agencies, multilaterals, academic institutions and other project stakeholders, public-private partnership collaboration agreements, collaborative research and development agreements, clinical study agreements, manufacturing and supply agreements, license agreements, commercialization agreements, services agreements and other technology innovation agreements.
- Provide legal consultation for PATH’s Office of Grants and Contracts (OGC) team regarding grants/awards, subcontracts, subagreements and consultant agreements managed and prepared by OGC.
- Collaborate with program team members to negotiate agreement terms that establish strong and effective partnerships aligning with PATH’s mission, policies and effective stewardship of PATH’s resources, and enabling innovation with compliance.
- Assess client legal support needs and partner with assigned paralegal and paralegal assistant to ensure timely and effective provision of legal services.
- Manage scope and oversee outside counsel engagements to ensure cost-effective provision of legal services in a timely manner.
- Leverage document management systems, e.g., Salesforce, to effectively manage agreement lifecycle and workflow.
- Contribute to Legal Affairs strategic priorities, including client education and resource development, knowledge management systems, and legal best practices.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelor of Laws and Postgraduate Diploma in Laws (or equivalent degrees), with license to practice law in country of PATH office location preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly in English (French desirable).
- Minimum of ten years of experience as practicing attorney, preferably including with multinational or multilateral organizations, regarding public/private partnerships and technology or life sciences collaborations.
- Substantial transactional experience drafting and negotiating agreements involving complex collaborations and technology and public/private partnerships.
- In depth understanding of intellectual property driven transactions (related to the pharma/life science practice preferred.
- Ability to think strategically and establish trusted advisor relationship with clients.
- Strong analytical skills that quickly and accurately assess legal issues in complex relationships.
- Well-established results orientation and client/partner focus.
- Extensive client counseling experience with track record of effectively helping clients identify strategic goals, prioritize key issues, and find (and document) pragmatic and sustainable solutions to fulfill program needs in a wide range of transactions.
- Adept with respectfully managing divergent views, navigating ambiguities and facilitating difficult decision-making.
- Self-starter who excels at working independently and collaborating effectively and efficiently within and across groups.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with proven effectiveness working on multiple projects with competing deadlines and ability to seamlessly adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural environment, collaborating effectively across disciplines and geographies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with and build strong relationships with global colleagues and partners and provide creative solutions in a professional manner.
- Well organized, flexible attitude, and a desire for continuous learning environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Salesforce as contract management system.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 5 to 10%.
Must have legal authorization to work in the location that you are applying for including United Kingdom, Switzerland, China, Vietnam, India, Ukraine or Myanmar.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com.
HOW TO APPLY: All applications are made online. For a full job description and to apply online, please access via this link: https://bit.ly/3NJnHtc or visit PATH website (www.path.org) then go to (Careers/Search Job Listings/Europe/Legal Affairs).Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Communications Intern (Oxfam)Oxfam
Administrative Assistant (GIZ)GIZ
Program Assistant (C.CIHP)Center for Creative Initiatives in Health and Population (CCIHP)
Operational Intern (PATH)PATH
Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator (AIP Foundation)AIP Foundation
Temporary Finance Officer (WVV)World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
Navigation Operations Specialist (MRC)Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Monitoring Young Professional (USAID Learns)Social Impact/USAID Learns
Social Scientist cum Community Engagement Coordinator (OUCRU)OUCRU
Admin Intern (GIZ)GIZ
National Intern (GIZ)GIZ
Learning, Communications, and Business Development Officer - HIV, TB, and Viral Hepatitis (PATH)PATH