Fauna & Flora International (FFI) – Vietnam Programme is seeking a Livelihood Consultant to work in Kon Plong District, Kon Tum.TERMS OF REFERENCE Title: Livelihood consultant Duration: 15 working days (Final report should be submitted before 31 March, 2021) Location: Kon Plong District, Kon Tum Province Reporting to: FFI Vietnam Programme Manager
1. BackgroundThroughout the surveys in 2016, Fauna & Flora International (FFI) announced the discovery of approximately 500 Grey-shanked Douc Langurs (Pygathrix cinerea) in Kon Plong District, Kon Tum Province. This is an endemic primate species of Vietnam, classified as Critically Endangered (EN) in the IUCN Red Book, and the Vietnam Red Data Book (2007). The species is also listed among the highest priority group for protection in accordance with Vietnamese law. By 2018, FFI has performed its first activities in an effort to conserve Grey-shanked Douc Langurs and the rich biodiversity of forest ecosystem of Kon Plong. In particular, the most important goal is to establish a Protected area (PA) in Kon Plong to strengthen legal status and law enforcement, with the aim of better protecting the flora and fauna species in Kon Plong. Currently, there are numbers of existing threats in Kon Plong including: Road construction, infrastructure, construction of hydropower plants, expansion of arable land, deforestation, illegal logging and wildlife hunting. If there is no urgent action for interventions, forest loss and degradation will occur rapidly in the next 5 years. Kon Plong is a mountainous district with multiple ethnic groups and high poverty rates, hence, local authorities are currently prioritizing socio-economic development rather than conservation. The establishment of a PA will also have a certain impact on people's lives and their livelihoods, when the local communities are highly dependent on the forest resources such as collecting forest products, exploiting wood for building houses, hunting wildlife for daily demand. So to accompany with the implementation of scientific research and the impulse to establishment progress of the PA, FFI is also undertaking awareness raising and livelihood improvement activities in order to improve livelihoods for local people, who are living adjacent to the anticipated PA. Up to now, nearly 200 people residing in 09 key villages in 04 communes (Mang Canh, Dak Tang, Dak Ring and Ngoc Tem) were selected to be the key farmer groups. Consultation activities, training on different practices of livelihoods or improvement of husbandry and cultivation will be focused on the cohort first. Then if the performance is effective, the model will be replicated to the entire villages and communes. Kon Plong has its own specific climatic and soil characteristics, which differentiates to many other Districts in Kon Tum. Therefore, the improvement of farming practices demands the consultant from a specialist/expert with extensive agricultural experience, natural conditions and local contexts. FFI is looking for a local consultant to conduct training and counsel on how to improve husbandry and crop cultivation for the mentioned key farmer groups.
2. ObjectivesThe objective of this consultant package is to research and deliver training on livelihood improvement related to livestock production and cultivation for key farmer groups in 9 key villages, including: Đăk Chờ (Đăk Ring Commune); Đăk Tăng, Vi Xây and Vi Ring (Đăk Tăng Commune); Kon Du and Măng Cành (Măng Cành Commune); Điek Tem, Điek Not and Măng Krí (Ngọc Tem Commune).
3. Scope of workThe consultant should have good experience in implementing training to support local communities in livelihood development activities, increasing income through duck and pig grazing and sustainable coffee growing as well as answering to relevant questions raised by local people. In addition, he/she must have knowledge and experience related to other types of cultivation (cassava, rice, forest garden,...), and promoting the participation of ethnic people, especially women to provide appropriate technical advice and coordinating well with FFI’s experts during the discussion and design of training content to meet the requirements.
Interested candidates are invited to send a CV to Ms. Le Hong Viet via email email@example.com no later than 8th March, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates are contacted for interviewing.
FFI’s mission is to conserve threatened species and ecosystems worldwide, choosing solutions that are sustainable, based on sound science, and which take into account human needs. FFI’s strategy to achieve this mission is to work with in-country organisations at all levels to support them in identifying and implementing country led sustainable solutions.
For more information please visit www.fauna-flora.orgCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
28/04/2021Fauna & Flora International
30/04/2021Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)