Chemonics International Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE OF WORK
Position Title: Local Consultant for Pharmaceutical Registration and Importation Classification: FO ST Professional- Independent Consultant
This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by Consultant to Chemonics International Inc.
The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health (PRH), and the Office of Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition (MCH). In supporting USG-funded global health activities, GHSC-PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain. In Vietnam, GHSC-PSM performs work under the contract the HIV/AIDS Task Order.
GHSC-PSM in Vietnam supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics;
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance;
- Global Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities.
GHSC-PSM in Vietnam is supporting the Ministry of Health with the implementation of COP19 PEPFAR directives aimed at greater efficiencies and effectiveness in HIV/AIDS program activities. In order to support the MMS/D model rolling out, GHSC-PSM will advocate for Government of Vietnam partners and suppliers to register larger pack sizes of ARV products for the Vietnam market and facilitate the availability of pack size ARVs of 90 and or 180 counts, including registration and procurement planning.
On October 23, 2019 the Drug Administration of Vietnam has issued the decision 653/QD-QLD approving the Marketing Authorization of Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate-Lamivudine-Dolutegravir 300/300/50 (TLD), which is valid for three years. TLD and Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate-Lamivudine-Efavirenz (TLE) are listed in the National HIV/AIDS Treatment Guidelines (Ministry of Health decision 5418/QD-BYT dated 1/12/2017) as the preferred and alternate first-line regimen. Therefore, GHSC-PSM requires a local consultant to advise on pharmaceutical registration and importation, specifically in regard to facilitate the pack size ARVs of 90 counts/180 counts of TLD and TLE400 registration and importation.
The Local Consultant for Pharmaceutical Registration and Importation will work closely with VAAC, the Drug Administration of Vietnam (DAV)/Ministry of Health, GHSC-PSM and its local contractor, Central Pharmaceutical Company (CPC1) JSC, potential ARV suppliers to successfully get TLD, TLE registered the pack-size 90/180 counts and Consult on other issues related to pharmaceutical registration or importation as requested
Principal Services and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
As the Consultant for Pharmaceutical Registration and Importation, the independent consultant will be responsible for the following principal services and responsibilities:
- Advise on regulations and procedures to register and import TLD, TLE400 with 90/180 counts and other medicine (when required) into Vietnam successfully;
- Work closely with GHSC-PSM, local contractors, and related stakeholders in consolidating and reviewing documents for filling an amendment of pack-sizes of 90/180 counts for Market authorization (MA)/import permits;
- Coordinate regularly with the Drug Administration of Vietnam (DAV)/Ministry of Health to follow up on and facilitate the Marketing Authorization approval of TLD/TLE400’s pack-size 90/180 counts or import permit;
- Consult on other issues related to pharmaceutical registration or importation, as requested.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in pharmacy or medicine is required;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in drug registration and importation permits;
- Working experience with the Drug Administration - Ministry of Health and international funded projects are preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
- Fluency in Vietnamese and advanced English required.
Supervision of Consultant: The Consultant for Pharmaceutical Registration and Importation will report to the Technical Director.
Period of Performance: January 2020 to September 30, 2020
Level of Effort: 20 working days. The consultant is not allowed to bill more than 8 hours per day on a five-day work week.
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Send electronic submissions to email@example.com by December 31, 2019 with only "Local Consultant for Pharmaceutical Registration and Importation" in the subject line. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Post date: 03/08/2021Animal Asia UNDP
30/09/2021ASEAN Youth Organization
15/08/2021Tổ chức Đại học Pháp ngữ (AUF)
23/08/2021Save the Children
12/08/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
08/08/2021Save the Children