USAID Trade Facilitation Program
SCOPE OF WORK
Support and technical assistance to develop a Decree providing procedures for quality control and food safety inspection
Proposed Personnel: Local/National Impact Assessment Expert
Period of Performance: o/a 22 March – 30 June 2021
Origin/Destination: Hanoi, Vietnam
Travel Dates: n/a
Activity No. FY21-1.3–SI of imports and exports Sub-activity FY21-1.3.2-Development of a Decree providing procedures for quality control and food safety inspection
MEL indicator(s): P-1, IR1-1, IR1.2-2, IR3.1-1, IR3.1-2, IR4.1-1, IR4.1-2 and CLBD-9
The USAID Trade Facilitation Program is a five-year project that aims to support the adoption and implementation of a more risk–based approach to Administrative Procedures Controlling institutions in Vietnam. The Program will work with the General Department of Vietnam Customs (GDVC) to strengthen the National Trade Facilitation Committee (NTFC) of Vietnam and its Working Groups; streamline border clearance procedures (including Specialized Inspection (SI) implemented by other line ministries and agencies); harmonize the implementation of risk-based approaches between national and provincial levels; train national and provincial customs officers and staff from other ministries on risk management; and facilitate dialogue between customs and business and between stakeholders in Hanoi and in the provinces.
Objective: The aim is to provide further technical assistance and support to GDVC to develop a new Decree on management mechanism, methods, processes and procedures for quality and food safety inspection for imported goods.
Background: Reform of administrative procedures for SI has been a key aim and objective of the Government of Vietnam (GVN) for the last few years. The need for further reform of SI remains and as such, in November 2019 the GVN issued Resolution no. 99/ND-CP assigning “the MOF to vigorously reform customs procedures towards customs modernization and digitalization in line with international standards; and to take the lead in development of the SI reform Scheme for submission to the Government in Quarter I of 2020, allowing Customs to be the focal point for SI at the border gate (except for goods related to national defense and security or quarantine, etc.), and line Ministries only conduct post-clearance inspection.” GDVC is to be the implementing agency for this task and the Customs Control & Supervision (CCS) Department was assigned to take the lead to develop a Scheme on Quality Inspection and Food Safety Inspection for imported goods which was submitted to the Government in September 2020.
On January 12, 2021, the Prime Minister issued Decision 38/QD-TTg approving the Scheme on reforming quality and food safety inspection for imported goods. This is partly as a result of the Program’s substantial and continuous technical support and assistance to GDVC in Year 2 (2019/2020). The Program provided assistance including technical inputs to different drafts of the SI Scheme, studying international experiences, conducting field survey for collecting practical feedback, consultative workshops, and in particular, undertaking a regulatory, economic and institutional impact assessment to help GDVC to complete the SI Scheme.
With the issuance of Decision 38, the CCS Department of GDVC again requested the Program to support the development of a Draft Decree on management mechanism, methods, processes and procedures for quality and food safety inspection for imported goods to guide the new Scheme. Particularly, as requested by the laws, the GDVC is required to identify all administrative procedures in the new Decree as well as assessing impacts of administrative procedures, including calculating cost of complying with the administrative procedures. This will be one of the documents to be included in the submission dossiers of the Draft Decree to the Government. As requested by Decision 38/QD-TTg, the Draft Decree is expected to be submitted to the Government for approval by Q2/2021.
Methodology: The Program will mobilize a Local/National Impact Assessment Expert to provide technical assistance and support to GDVC to assess impacts of administrative procedures in the Draft Decree which based on the following criteria:
- The necessity of the administrative procedures;
- The reasonableness of the administrative procedures;
- The legality of the administrative procedures;
- Cost of complying with the administrative procedures.
Local/National Impact Assessment Expert. In collaboration with the Program’s Senior Trade Facilitation Expert (STFE) and Legal & Regulatory Expert, the Local/National Impact Assessment Expert will work closely with the CCS Department of GDVC, Office of the GDVC and as necessary, consult with other technical departments of GDVC, relevant line ministries and/or local [provincial] customs departments, and private sector stakeholders. The Local/National Impact Assessment Expert may also be required to work in collaboration with other members of the Program team to undertake this activity.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
The Local/National Impact Assessment Expert will be responsible for the following:
- Research and desk study about assessment of impacts of administrative procedures (including the calculation of cost of complying with the administrative procedures) of the Draft Decree;
- Attend and provide technical inputs at the meetings, Focus Working Groups and/or the consultative workshops on assessing impacts of administrative procedures of the Draft Decree; and
- Produce a Final Report containing details of all work carried out and proposals for assessment of impacts of administrative procedures of the Draft Decree.
- Research paper(s) containing contributions/inputs on assessment of impacts of administrative procedures (including the calculation of cost of complying with the administrative procedures) of the Draft Decree;
- Active participation at meetings, Focus Working Groups and/or consultative workshops and providing technical inputs on assessing impacts of administrative procedures of the Draft Decree; and
- Final Report containing details of all work carried out, and proposals for assessment of impacts of administrative procedures of the Draft Decree.
- Master’s degree in law, economics, business administration, international trade, trade policy, customs administration, or similar field (Bachelor degree with more than 10 years of experience in field may be accepted);
- Minimum 10 years of experience working on Impact Assessments, especially administrative procedures controlling in Vietnam;
- Contextual knowledge and understanding of customs procedures, Specialized Inspection, risk management, and other technical customs matters;
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets and office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Applications;
- Fluency in Vietnamese and strong written, oral, and presentation skills; and
- English language skills preferred.
The Local/National Impact Assessment Expert will be required to report to the Program’s Senior Trade Facilitation Expert and Legal & Regulatory Expert.
Deliverable to be submitted & approved before payment
Estimated Completion Date
|Research paper(s) containing contributions/inputs on assessment of impacts of administrative procedures (including the calculation of cost of complying with the administrative procedures) of the Draft Decree;||
May 31, 2021
|Active participation at meetings, Focus Working Groups and/or consultative workshops and providing technical inputs on assessing impacts of administrative procedures of the Draft Decree; and||
May 31, 2021
|Final Report containing details of all work carried out, and proposals for assessment of impacts of administrative procedures of the Draft Decree.||
June 30, 2021
How to apply:
Applications should include:
- Cost proposal
and send to email@example.com no later than March 17, 2021.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)