|Location :||Ha Noi or Lao Cai/Sapa Town, VIET NAM|
|Application Deadline :||08-Sep-20 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||International Consultant|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||9 months from September 2020 to 7 June 2021|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||up to a maximum of 110 working days|
- Technical advisory support to 8 selected pilot cities within ASEAN established as leaders in ASUS implementation in developing high-quality proposals within the ASUS Framework;
- Organisation of an ASEAN Sustainable Urbanisation Forum bringing together diverse stakeholders from across ASEAN and supporting the development of improved urban policies;
- Research and development of a report detailing the 'State of Urbanisation in ASEAN'.
- Conduct of preliminary background assessment to understand the needs and capacity of the local government partner and areas which the proposed intervention is intended to address.
- Coordination with National, local Authorities and key stakeholders to perform participatory and consultative city diagnosis and action plan development in each selected ASEAN pilot city;
- Preparation of the technical proposals in alignment with specifications outlined by UN-Habitat and ASEAN requirements, based on relevant documents and materials provided;
- Analysis of technical proposals to include areas not limited to (i) Definition of the Intervention
- (ii) Aim and Objective of the Services (iii) Context and Rationale (iv) Scope and Deliverable of Services (v) Strategic Impact and Risk Assessment and (vi) Implementation;
- Support peer-to-peer exchanges between ASEAN pilot cities regarding the proposed interventions
- Provide information to the dedicated lead author for the Report on State of Urbanisation in ASEAN including support in the identification of subject matter experts.
- Support in-country arrangements for project review and follow-up missions;
- Support the city-specific contribution to the ASEAN Sustainable Urbanisation Forum and associated events;
- Coordinate document preparation, compilation and dissemination to meeting participants and key stakeholders including National, local Authorities and Local Project Officers;
- Support research information in support of project materials and activities and assist with translations, interpretation and other support to the Project Team Leader as required.
- Regular monitoring and reporting on all project activities with partners and stakeholders to ensure a high quality of outputs being delivered within the agreed upon time frame;
- Support scoping studies and data collection to evaluate the interventions within the local strategic context and helping to address the feasibility, potential impact and any barriers;
- Supporting the mainstreaming of gender, environmental and social issues into the project activities and carrying out social and gender analyses across all project deliverables.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN's values and ethical standards;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism.
- Analytic capacity and demonstrated ability to process, analyse and synthesise complex, technical information;
- Proven ability to support the development of high quality knowledge and training materials, and to train technical teams;
- Proven experience in the developing country context and working in different cultural settings.
- Communicate effectively in writing to a varied and broad audience in a simple and concise manner.
- Capable of working in a high pressure environment with sharp and frequent deadlines, managing many tasks simultaneously;
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Projects a positive image and is ready to take on a wide range of tasks;
- Focuses on results for the client;
- Welcomes constructive feedback.
- An Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in urban and/or regional planning, urban economy, sustainable development, geography, sustainable urbanization or human settlements (10 points); OR
- First level university degree (Bachelor) with additional two years relevant and progressive experience in the fields may be accepted in lieu of the post-graduate or Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) (10 points).
- A minimum of 3 years' progressive and relevant work experience in economic development, urban development and program management, preferably in the field of human settlements in the context of Viet Nam (20 points);
- Working knowledge and experience in the technical area of Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Systems is considered as highly desirable (20 points);
- Understanding of key national stakeholders and partners relevant to the area of sustainable urbanization in the context of Viet Nam (10 points);
- Work experience in either the United Nations or ASEAN, and general knowledge of UN or ASEAN rules and regulations are an advantage (10 points);
- Experience developing technical proposals at the city level (10 points).
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in both English and Vietnamese is required (20 points).
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
27/06/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
12/07/2021Preferred by Nature
30/06/2021Pacific Links Foundation