Call for Applications
Position Title : Logistics Assistant
Duty Station : HCMC, Vietnam
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade UG
Type of Appointment: Special Short-term ungraded, Six months
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : April 07, 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purposes of this vacancy, Internal candidates are defined as staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded or
ungraded contract. Staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded will not
retain contract type if appointed to an ungraded position.
Under the overall direction of the Head of Office in HCMC and the direct supervision of the Head of Administration, the Logistics Assistant will be responsible for arranging all logistics services to IOM and ensuring the performances of drivers, guards and cleaning agency service. More particularly, she/he will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Arrange and co-ordinate all logistic services to IOM sub-office and the Visa Application Centers.
- Make plans for all logistics activities, including plans for maintenance the office buildings and facilities such as fixing and repairing. Ensure administrative procedures for those logistics activities are in place. Administer, co-ordinate activities related to inventories for office properties, give comments and suggest for further improvements if any.
- Provide instructions and procedures to operate these office facilities in compliance with IOM’s instructions.
- Be responsible for the office storage, warehouses with appropriate facilities. Provide instructions and procedures to operate these office facilities in compliance with IOM’s instructions.
- In coordination with Procurement staff, liaise and conduct necessary negotiations with suppliers, issue call for proposals, collect quotations, evaluate bids, perform regular checks and renew vendors’ contracts.
Monitor professional performance and development and advise proper trainings to staff; drivers, guards and staff from cleaning agency service, specifically.
- For office drivers: Coordinate movement transportation, manage the fleet of vehicles with the drivers by providing updated agenda on daily working timetable, carry on inspection of the kilometre weekly, check and sign on daily car log-sheets every Friday each week.
- For cleaning service: Supervise daily activities of cleaning staff provided by the service provider; assigning works and making sure all cleaning staffs are functioning properly
- For guards at all offices: Follow up working shifts for guards, supervise all guards’ duties; co-ordinate with guards to settle time for visitors and technicians coming for visits and working.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience;
- Knowledge and experience in writing and preparing reports and statistics;
- Previous work experience in international organizations and companies would be an advantage.
Fluency in English and Vietnamese is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators (level 1)
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Only candidates residing in the country will be considered. A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
All interested candidates should download and complete an IOM Personal History Form from the IOM Viet Nam website at www.iom.int.vn
Completed applications, including IOM Personal History Form, application letter, and copies of diplomas and certificates, recommendation letters, etc. may be delivered to the IOM Sub-Office in Ho Chi Minh City at 1B Pham Ngoc Thach, District 1, or submitted electronically to email@example.com. All applications must contain a criminal background check.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
06/12/2020The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
02/12/2020Làng Trẻ SOS Việt Nam
03/12/2020The Hinrich Foundation
04/12/2020The Vietnam Foundation
03/12/2020World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
24/12/2020The National Institute of Genetics
07/01/2021World Bank Group
02/12/2020Department of Operational Support (DOS)
07/12/2020Office of the United Nations Ombudsman and Mediation Services (UNOMS)
15/12/2020International Labour Organization (ILO)
14/12/2020World Bank Group
11/12/2020International Finance Corporation (IFC)