Job Title: LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
Project: USAID SUSTAINABLE FOREST MANAGEMENT
Reports to: Operations Director
Location: Hanoi with travel to project provinces
Date: May 2021
DAI Organization and Values
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
Overview of the Position:
The USAID Sustainable Forest Management Project will help the Government of Vietnam reduce carbon emissions associated with deforestation, the degradation of natural forests, and poor plantation management. SFMA will implement a “Green Prosperity” approach that strengthens local communities’ ability to protect their natural resource base and reduce emissions while building a strong foundation for sustainable livelihoods and equitable economic growth.
SFMA will work in seven provinces and focus on five activities:
- Strengthening community forest management.
- Promoting conservation-friendly enterprises.
- Improving law enforcement to tackle environmental crimes.
- Enhancing the management of production forests; and
- Mobilizing domestic resources.
The Logistics Coordinator is a key member of the Operations team. He/She will take the lead in coordinating and managing logistics services/needs required for project activities, travels and events in an efficient and cost-effective manner. He/She will also assist with completing administrative tasks, including reviewing and consolidating necessary backup documentations for payment of purchased logistics services and conducting regular audits backup files.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with team to develop projections of number of travels/events carried out on a monthly basis.
- Support finance team in forecasting weekly funds request.
- Inform and provide trainings for travelers on DAI travel/events procedures and regulations to ensure compliance to client and DAI policies as well as Project Implementation Manual (PIM).
- Review and advise travelers on travel schedules to ensure itineraries are appropriate, feasible and compliant to project travel policies.
- Assist budget estimation for travels and events by providing price references for logistics service(s).
- Coordinate with travelers to raise travel request(s) and procurement requisition(s) of logistics service(s) required for specific travels/events in DAI electronic system.
- Arrange required logistics services corresponding to travel itineraries including booking air tickets, lodging, catering and car rental service; and making timely, necessary booking updates to accommodate change(s) to travel itineraries.
- Provide travelers with complete and accurate logistics details arranged for specific travels and events.
- Establish and manage up-to-date comprehensive travel tracker/dashboard including update calendar of travel schedule details of individual travelers and progress of travel expense claims/travel advance clearance as per project policy.
- Take lead in coordination with project staff and Governmental partners in organizing logistics services for field trips and project events.
- Provide on-site assistance for events organization as needed.
- Monitor and evaluate logistics service quality delivered by vendors through regular communication with Technical and Operations team members to seek opportunities for improvement.
- Assist in consolidating necessary, accurate documents for Finance and Procurement teams to process payments of purchased logistics services.
- Other tasks as assigned by Director of Operations.
- University degree in business administration, foreign affairs, social science or related field
- Seven years of working experience with at least five years of experience relevant to logistics and/or administration tasks
- Experience in USAID-funded or non-profit projects is an advantage
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Capacity to work with urgency and under time pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient planning & organization skills
- Active, enthusiastic, careful, good skills in working individually and in a team, desire to acquire new knowledge
- Strong command of MS office.
How to apply and requested documents:
Interested candidates are requested to submit:
- A CV in English
- A cover letter in English indicating why they are suitable for this position and current contact details of at least three referees
- Scanned copy of highest related degrees.
Application to our recruitment email at VietnamSFM@dai.com. Please quote the position title in the subject line: “Application for Logistics Coordinator”
Deadline for application: 5.00pm (Hanoi time), June 10, 2021
To learn more about DAI, please visit our website www.dai.com.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. DAI does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, veteran status, or other non-merit factor.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank