Announcement Number: HANOI-2021-54
Maintenance Supervisor - All Interested Applicants (Residential Maintenance Supervisor)
10/08/2021 - 10/22/2021
Vacancy Time Zone:
LE - 1205 8
Full-time - 44 hours/week
1 in Hanoi, VM
For More Info:
HR Section 84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126 HanoiHR@state.gov
- Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
For USEFM - FS is FP-6. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required:
Public Trust - Background Investigation
Appointment Type Details:
- Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time 44 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: Yes
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
Travel Required: Not Required
Incumbent of this position will be responsible for managing and supervising the physical daily Facility Maintenance Operations for Maintenance and Repairs (M&R), and Minor Construction and Improvement (MC&I) of the Government Owned Cultural Heritage Chief of Mission Residence (CMR) and oversight of leased residential property maintenance and repairs.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least four (4) years of experience in multi-trade skills of facility maintenance (performing general maintenance and repairs to office building, warehouses and residential properties), and additional one year of supervisory experience is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have:
- Knowledge in managing a preventative maintenance program.
- Knowledge of buildings and maintenance operation and trade practices, including shop safety.
- Good organization and time management skills.
Education Requirements: Two years of general college or associate university degree is required.
Good working knowledge in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Good working knowledge in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have:
- Leadership Skills: Ability to supervise, manage workload balance, mentor subordinate staff, provide guidance and discipline as needed.
- Ability to use MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word software and Internet search engines.
- Conflict management skills.
- Must possess a local vehicle and motor cycle driver's license.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site at https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/
Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Motor Cycle Driver's License
- Other Document
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.CLICK HERE FOR VACANCY DETAILS
31/08/2022FIT & IRD VN