Call for Expressions of Interest and Proposal
1. Background:Over recent years, Viet Nam has made impressive progress in malaria control and elimination. Historically low levels of malaria have been observed in 2020 despite the Covid-19 pandemic: a 73% reduction of Pf-Mix cases and a 70% reduction of total cases have been observed in 2020 compared to 2019. However, the testing also decreased by 6% in 2020 compared to 2019. To orient strategic approaches to malaria elimination, the WHO’s Mekong Malaria Elimination Programme (MME), in collaboration with WHO country office in Vietnam, the National Institute of Malariology, Parasitology and Entomology (NIMPE), the Institute of Malariology, Parasitology and Entomology in Quy Nhon (IMPE QN), and the Institute of Malariology, Parasitology and Entomology in Ho Chi Minh City (IMPE HCM) aims to implement the “Malaria Intensification Plan for Hard to reach Population” in Viet Nam. The project aims to provide technical support at the provincial level by deploying WHO Field Officers in targeted hotspots areas based on the epidemiology and specific needs.
2. Work to be performedThe candidate as Malaria Elimination Field Officer will provide technical support to the NIMPE, IMPE QN, IMPE HCM and implementing partners to accelerate Malaria Elimination in Viet Nam at the provincial level. - To coordinate activities with the National Programmes and implementing partners to ensure full implementation of the activities according to the National Strategic Plan; - To strengthen the surveillance system; - To reinforce the implementation of elimination activities, including aggressive approaches; and - To ensure reporting of any issue to WHO Viet Nam.
3. Specific requirementsQualifications required: o Essential: University degree from a recognized university in medical sciences, public health, international development, or any other related field. o Desirable: Master's degree in health or medical sciences. Experience required: o Essential: At least two years of experience in organizing and facilitating field activities related to any public health programme in Viet Nam; and demonstrated experience in facilitation and coordination of malaria activities, training and activities at the health centres and community level. o Desirable: Experience in disease surveillance.
4. Skills / Technical skills and knowledge:Language requirements: o Written and spoken fluency in Vietnamese and English. Skills: o Expertise in malaria activities at health centres and community level. o Excellent organizational and coordination abilities in malaria or health programmes.
5. Place of assignmentOne SSA based at the National Institute of Malariology, Parasitology and Entomology in Hanoi One SSA based at the Institute of Malariology, Parasitology and Entomology in Quy Nhon One SSA based at the Institute of Malariology, Parasitology and Entomology in Ho Chi Minh City
6. Medical clearanceThe selected SSA holders will be expected to provide a medical certificate of fitness for work.
7. TravelThe three SSAs are expected to travel extensively to the targeted provinces in the respective region (North, Central and South region). The assigned provinces will be periodically reviewed and changed it according to the programme needs and malaria epidemiology.
8. BudgetPlease take note of the following when submitting application: - The contractor will be responsible for paying taxes, if any. Those who are interested can contact our focal person with contact detail at the end of the announcement before/by 10 March 2021 The below paragraph to be added when necessary: CV and supporting documents should be received on/or 10 March 2021 and should be addressed to: Administrative Officer World Health Organization UN Building, 304 Kim Ma Street, Hanoi, Viet Nam OR firstname.lastname@example.org For further information on this TOR, please contact: email@example.com Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
03/05/2021Làng trẻ em SOS Việt Nam
08/05/2021The U.S. Embassy
26/04/2021U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City
30/04/2021Good Neighbors (GNI)
30/06/2021Green Climate Fund
06/05/2021Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Vietnam