Call for Expressions of Interest and Proposal
1. Background:Over recent years, Viet Nam has made impressive progress in malaria control and elimination. Historically low levels of malaria have been observed in 2020 despite the Covid-19 pandemic: a 73% reduction of Pf-Mix cases and a 70% reduction of total cases have been observed in 2020 compared to 2019. However, the testing also decreased by 6% in 2020 compared to 2019. To orient strategic approaches to malaria elimination, the WHO’s Mekong Malaria Elimination Programme (MME), in collaboration with WHO country office in Vietnam, the National Institute of Malariology, Parasitology and Entomology (NIMPE), the Institute of Malariology, Parasitology and Entomology in Quy Nhon (IMPE QN), and the Institute of Malariology, Parasitology and Entomology in Ho Chi Minh City (IMPE HCM) aims to implement the “Malaria Intensification Plan for Hard to reach Population” in Viet Nam. The project aims to provide technical support at the provincial level by deploying WHO Field Officers in targeted hotspots areas based on the epidemiology and specific needs.
2. Work to be performedThe candidate as Malaria Elimination Field Officer will provide technical support to the NIMPE, IMPE QN, IMPE HCM and implementing partners to accelerate Malaria Elimination in Viet Nam at the provincial level. - To coordinate activities with the National Programmes and implementing partners to ensure full implementation of the activities according to the National Strategic Plan; - To strengthen the surveillance system; - To reinforce the implementation of elimination activities, including aggressive approaches; and - To ensure reporting of any issue to WHO Viet Nam.
3. Specific requirementsQualifications required: o Essential: University degree from a recognized university in medical sciences, public health, international development, or any other related field. o Desirable: Master's degree in health or medical sciences. Experience required: o Essential: At least two years of experience in organizing and facilitating field activities related to any public health programme in Viet Nam; and demonstrated experience in facilitation and coordination of malaria activities, training and activities at the health centres and community level. o Desirable: Experience in disease surveillance.
4. Skills / Technical skills and knowledge:Language requirements: o Written and spoken fluency in Vietnamese and English. Skills: o Expertise in malaria activities at health centres and community level. o Excellent organizational and coordination abilities in malaria or health programmes.
5. Place of assignmentOne SSA based at the National Institute of Malariology, Parasitology and Entomology in Hanoi One SSA based at the Institute of Malariology, Parasitology and Entomology in Quy Nhon One SSA based at the Institute of Malariology, Parasitology and Entomology in Ho Chi Minh City
6. Medical clearanceThe selected SSA holders will be expected to provide a medical certificate of fitness for work.
7. TravelThe three SSAs are expected to travel extensively to the targeted provinces in the respective region (North, Central and South region). The assigned provinces will be periodically reviewed and changed it according to the programme needs and malaria epidemiology.
8. BudgetPlease take note of the following when submitting application: - The contractor will be responsible for paying taxes, if any. Those who are interested can contact our focal person with contact detail at the end of the announcement before/by 10 March 2021 The below paragraph to be added when necessary: CV and supporting documents should be received on/or 10 March 2021 and should be addressed to: Administrative Officer World Health Organization UN Building, 304 Kim Ma Street, Hanoi, Viet Nam OR firstname.lastname@example.org For further information on this TOR, please contact: email@example.com
30/09/2021ASEAN Youth Organization
15/08/2021Tổ chức Đại học Pháp ngữ (AUF)
23/08/2021Save the Children
12/08/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
08/08/2021Save the Children