Terms of Reference – Malaria Program Officer/Senior Program Officer
Clinton Health Access Initiative, Vietnam
Position: Malaria Program Officer/Senior Program Officer
Work place: Hanoi with about 30% travel.
Duration: One year, extendable based on performance and funding.
Start date: April 2020
Reports to: Malaria Manager
The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI), operating through the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation in Vietnam (Clinton Foundation or CF), is a trusted advisor to governments worldwide, helping them transform the way they provide health services. Established in Vietnam in 2006, CHAI-CF works with a number of departments in the Ministry of Health to help reach national TB, HIV, hepatitis, vaccination, and malaria targets. CHAI-CF has emphasized a sustainable and integrative approach to health systems strengthening premised on a close partnership with government to build national capacity that will continue long after we exit. Since 2015, CHAI-CF has been helping the Ministry of Health to accelerate malaria elimination in Vietnam.
CHAI-CF’s team in Vietnam consists of 18 staff in addition to resources available at the regional and global levels. We are now seeking a Vietnamese national to help our government partners strengthen malaria systems.
The Malaria Program Officer/Senior Program Officer will help accelerate Vietnam’s drive towards malaria elimination by helping national, regional and provincial government counterparts to transition from a malaria control response to a malaria elimination response. This work requires close engagement with the government on strengthening surveillance systems, interpreting results, and planning and executing interventions to accelerate elimination in the country.
The Malaria Program Officer/Senior Program Officer must be a highly motivated, entrepreneurial individual with outstanding problem-solving, project management, analytical, and communication skills.
The Officer must be able to function independently and flexibly and have a strong commitment to excellence.
This position reports to the Malaria Manager in Vietnam.
- Support the National Institute of Malariology, Parasitology, and Entomology (NIMPE) and the regional Institute of Malariology, Parasitology, and Entomology in Quy Nhon (IMPE Quy Nhon) and Ho Chi Minh City (IMPE HCMC) to implement their malaria roadmap to elimination. Specific activities may include supporting them on:
- Convening stakeholders to develop operational guidance on elimination interventions
- Developing materials and conducting trainings and assessments to build provincial, district, and commune capacity to execute their malaria programs
- Analyzing and interpreting results of new interventions and tools to accelerate elimination
- Utilizing case-based or geospatial data to prioritize elimination efforts where there will be the greatest impact
- Work with NIMPE, IMPE Quy Nhon, and IMPE HCMC to develop and execute work plans and budgets, and agreements with CHAI-CF and support alignment with CHAI-CF norms and policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Vietnamese citizen (due to travel permissions) who is comfortable working in remote locations in Vietnam
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3 or more years of work experience for PO position and 5 or more years of work experience for SPO position
- Exceptional problem solving skills and quantitative and qualitative analytical capabilities including demonstrated ability to steer decisions based on data
- Strong written and oral English and Vietnamese communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships in a challenging multicultural environment
- Ability to manage numerous work streams simultaneously
- Experience developing work plans and budgets with grant sub-recipients, supporting implementation, and reviewing results
- Ability to work independently on large, demanding projects
- Comfortable with technology and proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience working with government institutions
- Advanced degree in public health or business
- Experience using statistical software for data analysis or with geographic information systems
- Experience in working with malaria and/or other infectious diseases
A one-page cover letter should specify the position sought and highlight why the candidate believes they are the right person for the position. A CV detailing professional experience, relevant qualifications and three reference contacts should be provided. Interested candidates should send materials in English to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30 March 2020. Indicate position sought in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed as they arrive. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
09/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)
25/12/2020Save the Children
15/12/2020World Wildlife Fund (WWF) - Vietnam
06/12/2020The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
02/12/2020Làng Trẻ SOS Việt Nam
03/12/2020The Hinrich Foundation
04/12/2020The Vietnam Foundation