The Manager, Global Literacy Research Monitoring & Evaluation position is part of the Global Office Research Monitoring & Evaluation (GO RM&E) team and will serve as a key member of Room to Read’s GO RM&E team with a specific focus on the literacy program RM&E portfolio.
This position can be based in Bangladesh, South Africa, the United Kingdom, or Vietnam and will require frequent travel to countries/ project sites where Room to Read operates. The position will be office or home-based, depending on location. The position will report directly to Associate Director, Global Literacy Research, Monitoring & Evaluation based in New Delhi, India.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the global, country and project-specific RM&E and program team members, conceptualize, and design Monitoring and Evaluation strategies related to the Literacy Program (LP).
- Work with global, country and project-specific RM&E and program staff to identify Research needs, develop Research proposals, and implement Research projects related to LP.
- Travel regularly to various Room to Read direct implementation country offices (in South Asia, South East Asia, and Africa) and specific project sites to execute LP RM&E activities.
- Train and mentor RM&E staff based in Room to Read direct implementation Country Offices and specific project sites to execute RM&E activities following the best standards in the industry.
- Extensively engage with (i) preparation and/or adaption of various RME data collection tools, (ii) training/ technical support to relevant staff on data collection and data quality monitoring, (iii) cleaning of raw data, (iv) analysis of cleaned data, and (v) preparation of RM&E products (in different formats such as detailed reports, brief reports, peer-reviewed publications, policy briefs, presentations, communications, summaries, etc.) for internal and external audiences.
- Lead RM&E design consultation processes with program and operations colleagues.
- Contribute to proposals development with a focus on technical approach.
- Stay informed about M&E and research trends in early grade literacy to inform our strategy accordingly.
- Network with other institutions running similar programs to find areas of collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Identify partnership opportunities aligned with Room to Read’s Strategic Plan to increase thought-leadership of the organization.
- Represent Room to Read in different forums with a focus on our Literacy RM&E work.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of applicable experience with research, monitoring and evaluation activities in low-income countries.
- Strong technical competence in experience in creating quantitative research designs and monitoring and evaluation frameworks and methods.
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills with proven ability to work with Stata.
- Proven previous experience in preparing various type of RM&E products in the form of detailed report, policy briefs, peer-reviewed publications, and presentations.
- Experience with designing and coding instruments using digital data collection platforms.
- Experience preparing for and overseeing large-scale data collection in developing countries.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to travel frequently to different countries and project sites.
- Prior experience in working with or living in one or more South Asian/ South East Asian/ African countries (preferably in at least one country outside of the country of origin).
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural work environment and establish harmonious relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Ability to work efficiently across different time zones and virtual web-based environment
- Legally eligible to work in the preferred location; no sponsorship provided.
- Prior exposure to research, monitoring and evaluation for early grade literacy preferred.
- Experience with digital transformation and visualization strategies.
- Experience designing and coding instruments in SurveyCTO.
- Technical competence and experience with mixed-method or qualitative research and evaluations preferred. Qualitative data analysis skills and ability to work with qualitative data analysis software will be an advantage.
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is changing transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply HERE or at email@example.com. You will be asked to complete an online application and upload your resume and cover letter. You will receive an email confirmation when your application has been received.
Deadline for application: Aug 7, 2021
Due to high applicant volume, we regret that we are not able to send personalized responses to all applicants. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
Room to Read is a child-safe organization; all personnel are expected to adhere to Room to Read’s Child Protection Policy and Child Protection Code of Conduct.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
Post date: 30/07/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation GGGI
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation