Hours of work
Full time Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week, extra hours may be required.
Initially for 1 year, including a 2-month probation period, with possibility of extension based on annual performance appraisal and research approval.
Director OUCRU Hanoi
The Oxford University Clinical Research Unit (OUCRU) is a large-scale clinical and public health research unit, with sites offices in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi in Vietnam, Jakarta in Indonesia and Kathmandu in Nepal. In Vietnam, we are hosted by the Hospital of Tropical Diseases (HTD) in Ho Chi Minh City, and the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases (NHTD) in Hanoi. OUCRU-Nepal is hosted by the Patan Academy of Health Sciences, and in Indonesia we exist in partnership with the Eijkman Institute as the Eijkman-Oxford Clinical Research Programme (EOCRU). As a Wellcome Trust Africa Asia Programme, we have received considerable support from the Wellcome Trust since our establishment in 1991.
OUCRU’s vision is to have local, regional and global impact on health by leading a locally driven research programme on infectious diseases in Southeast Asia. Priority is given to health issues important to the hospitals where we work, and to the countries as a whole where we operate: Vietnam, Indonesia and Nepal. All work is intended not only to benefit the patients seen daily at our host hospitals, but also to help improve patient care throughout Southeast Asia.
OUCRU employs approximately 320 people across Viet Nam and has an average annual budget of USD 12mil.
Please see more information on OUCRU website: www.oucru.org
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of OUCRU-Hanoi in liaison and collaboration with other senior staff and our host institution. In addition to, working closely with colleagues in OUCRU headquarters in HCMC to ensure the implementation of best practice and consistency of policies and procedures wherever possible.
Key responsibilities and tasks
This position will be responsible for providing day-to-day leadership to arange of operations functions including general administration, estate management, human resources and training, health and safety, procurement, communication and IT. As an outline, these areas will involve the following tasks:
Managing any locally owned non-research agreements, contracts and MoUs
Organize meetings with host institutions in stipulated in the 10-year agreements
Support managing relationships with external collaborators and host institutions
Oversee the efficient management of visitors, permissions, room bookings system, and unit-meeting arrangements
Oversee all arrangements for travel and events for OUCRU-Hanoi
Manage the non-laboratory assets and inventory for the unit
Oversee a Unit-wide system of administrative recordkeeping and archiving to support external audit and internal review
Liaise with colleagues in other units within the OUCRU and Wellcome Africa Asia Programme (AAP) for consistency of policy and procedures wherever possible
Handle all aspects of facilities management including minor renovations, obtaining appropriate permissions and agreement for works to be carried out, and leading all relevant working space-related negotiations with our host institutions as required.
Human Resources (HR) and Training:
Manage all HR-related issues including recruitment, induction, staff relations, performance reviews and starters/leavers;
Support all non-Vietnamese staff, students and visitors to ensure they have the appropriate permission (work permits, visas, residence cards etc.).
Manage all unit wide training events; coordinate with OUCRU HCMC HR team with regard to applications for the non-academic training scheme and the management of any English language courses being offered.
Health and Safety:
Support all matters of health and safety, including the supervision of committed staff working in the area;
Working closely with the overall OUCRU Health and Safety manager, ensure appropriate levels of monitoring and compliance for Health and safety policies and practices;
Working with committed Health and Safety staff, ensure all staff receive necessary instruction and guidance concerning Health and Safety Matters including any directly related to their role, i.e. Lab training and screening;
Oversee procurement for the Unit including maintaining appropriate, auditable paperwork in line with relevant policies and practices
Act as a focal point for the distribution of internal, local communication and work closely with OUCRU HCMC communications team to ensure appropriate social media presence and postings and Hanoi specific website content.
Support all matters of IT, including the supervision of committed staff working in the area;
Working closely with OUCRU-HCMC, oversee the provision of IT facilities for all staff and visitors, including, if required at external study site;
Ensure the implementation of Unit-wide IT policies and practices including information security.
- Masters degree or higher in a relevant subject;
- Leadership experience in comparable roles and responsibilities;
- Excellent spoken and written English with proven ability to research and write accessible, clear administrative policy documents;
- Good knowledge of relevant Vietnamese regulations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of diplomacy and political awareness, and ability to work effectively as a member of the senior management team;
- Experience of leading and managing staff, with the ability to engage and motivate staff to fulfil their potential;
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to produce reports and draft complex correspondence.
- Experience of developing and implementing effective procedures and systems to support and facilitate the activities of a research organization in an international environment,
- Ability to review, assess and re-engineer operational processes and procedures,
- Experience of coordinating, organizing and conducting training programs for staff.
- Contracted salary: Negotiate (depending on actual experience and education).
- Optional insurance: In-patient and out-patient medical coverage; Personal accident insurance coverage
- Two-month salary for annual bonus and clothes
- Annual leave 18 days/year for the first year, a maximum of 30 days.
- Other responsibilities and benefits are based on Viet Nam Labor Law.
How to apply
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send their detailed resume and cover letter in English, including copies of relevant degrees, certificates by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
* The cover letter should detail:
- What part of your education, training or employment history has best equipped you for this position and why you would be a good candidate?
- Contacts of two referees who are your latest HR/ line manager and can provide details of relevant work experience and attitude
* We thank all applicants for their interest but only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Ms. Bui Huyen Trang
Deadline for submission
30th July, 2021Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam