Title: Market Dynamics Officer
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Division: Technology, Analytics, and Market Innovation
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties. PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s Market Dynamics program is currently recruiting for an officer who is seeking to grow their career while making a difference in people’s lives. Specifically, the officer will support the following teams/projects:
- The Malaria portfolio within the Market Dynamics team primarily supports the VivAccess project, which has the goal of increasing access to new medicines and diagnostics used to eliminate P. vivax malaria in 10 countries. Specifically, the officer will support the market analytics aspects of this project and create insight into product markets needed to eliminate P. vivax malaria.
- The Medical Device Portfolio is growing its work increasing safe access to oxygen therapy. The portfolio is launching a new project as part of the global response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The project will expand on previous PATH work in the respiratory care space with the aim to increase access to oxygen and equipment in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). The officer will support work developing tools to quantify the gap in access to medical oxygen and essential equipment.
- The position will be based in Hanoi, Vietnam working within PATH’s Market Dynamics team and will have a very close working relationship with Hanoi-based colleagues. They will work with Market Dynamics team members to define problems, conduct analyses, and apply findings to address market failures on new projects as they arise. The position will report into the VivAccess Mekong Regional Advisor, who is also based in Hanoi.
A successful Market Dynamics Officer will bring expertise in at least 2 of the following 3 areas, with the potential for on-the-job learning in the third area.
1. Market research
- Analyze strategies for target markets to inform decisions of governments, donors, and other stakeholders
- Analyze primary secondary data sources, including cataloguing relevant external research and literature to generate insights and provide strategic direction
- Collaborate with global and country PATH programs to develop primary qualitative and quantitative research on global health products offerings (vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, and medical devices), price levels, manufacturer capabilities, and other supply-related questions
- Research companies and products operating in health markets and systematically organize results in Excel and PowerPoint
- Create clear frameworks for the evaluation of innovative and novel products for their suitability, health impact potential, and compatibility within existing health systems
2. Coordination across global health stakeholders
- Engage with key stakeholders to understand market needs and supply constraints. As well as understand the priorities and objectives of stakeholders
- Coordinate with PATH partners, including multilateral organizations, manufacturers, nonprofits, and country governments, to ensure the supply and delivery of essential health products
- Participate in and contribute to regular strategic discussions for project implementation
- Collaborate with regulatory and procurement bodies to ensure appropriate products are identified to meet demand
3. Data modeling and market analytics
- Develop, use, and establish best practices for a range of standardized tools, econometric methods, frameworks and modeling approaches
- Using data, provide insight on why a market may fail to produce efficiency or equity. Contribute to the design of actionable strategies for markets to function in a way that produces better health outcomes
- Apply econometric methods to primary and secondary datasets to analyze trends, causation, and relationships
- Contribute to landscaping efforts, including creation of data visualizations to facilitate their interpretation by country and/or global stakeholders
- Contribute to research design and study protocol development
- Support database design and management for supply chain and market analyses
- Passionate about addressing health issues in low-resource settings with a demonstrated commitment to equity
- Professional experience with PowerPoint and Excel, especially using these tools to communicate results and tools to stakeholders
- Experience conducting analysis on economic and/or public health opportunity costs to develop recommendations for broad audiences
- Experience with econometrics and/or statistical analysis
- Experience using advanced software tools and coding languages (e.g., Python, R, Stata, etc. ), including strong capabilities in data visualization, and ability to clearly communicate key insights in data highly desired
- Proven effectiveness working in a team-based environment, but also capable of working independently and taking initiative
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and thrive in fast-paced and high-pressure situations.
- Comfortable with working openly and transparently, sharing work-in-progress, failures, successes, and lessons-learned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in ambiguous situations
- Versatile and responsive working virtually and collaboratively with teams across the world
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally approximately 10-25% of the time
- Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Math, Statistics, Biostatistics, Public Policy, Public Health, or equivalent. Master’s degree plus 1-3+ years’ experience that involves data and/or market analysis or a bachelor’s degree plus 2-4+ years’ experience. Advanced degree preferred
- Technical knowledge of market analysis to inform decision-making, and/or technical product analysis, preferably within the context of LMICs
- Vietnamese and English language fluency required
- Consulting experience is a plus
Must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications are made online. For a full job description and to apply online, please access via this LINK or visit PATH website (www.path.org) then go to (Careers/Search Job Listings/Asia/Marker Dynamics.) Deadline for applications: 29th June 2021.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank