The International Center (formerly known as Vietnam Veterans of America Foundation -VVAF) is a humanitarian organization that has addressed the consequences of war through advocacy and service programs in Vietnam for the last three decades. As a cofounder of the International Campaign to Ban Landmines, IC-VVAF was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1997. Now the
International Center (IC) focuses on disability support, landmine removal, and mental health
The “Moving Without Limits” Project Under the financial support of United States Agency for International Development (USAID), IC is implementing the Disability Support Project named “Moving without Limits” in the three
provinces of Thua Thien Hue, Quang Nam and Binh Dinh. The project aims to improve people with disability’s access to quality assistive technologies or devices (AD/AT) in the target provinces, thus enhancing their independence in activities of daily living and participation in social activities
Three specific objectives include:
(i) Improved availability of quality assistive technologies/devices (AT/AD) for people with mobility impairments in Thua Thien Hue, Quang Nam and Binh Dinh;
(ii) Improved capacity for the health sector workforce at the national and sub-national levels,
(iii) Improved advocacy for policies/regulations and information sharing related to AT/AD.
In order to achieve the above-mentioned objectives, a wide range of activities will be implemented in the three project provinces as well as at the central level. AT/AD service provision is implemented following the full range of provision including need assessment and proper prescription, AD procurement, fitting, user training and follow-up, maintenance and repair in order to ensure that people with mobility disabilities receive appropriate and quality AD they need. The integration of health care for people with disabilities (PWDs), including AT/AD service delivery into the existing health care system, mobilizing the non-specialists at the community level to recognize, assess, manage and follow-up of care for PWDs will be promoted
in this project.
Being aware of the big gap in human resource for rehabilitation services, especially for AT/AD related services for PWDs, taking into account the practical solution for filling the gap, the project will apply mixed approaches: (i) build capacity for both high skilled health professionals at the national level for providing technical assistance towards complicated cases and support
building capacity for lower level service providers when needed; and (ii) task shifting, defined as the delegation of tasks to existing or new cadres with either less training or narrowly tailored training in order to deliver a certain and basic rehabilitation/AT solutions. Thus, IC will support improving the capacity of rehabilitation and AT workforces for both national and provincial levels, for both high and less skilled service providers.
Access to AD/AT provision services cannot be improved without appropriate and available policy and governance, IC will work closely with the line ministries, other involved partners to support the development of the AT/AD service delivery framework as a part of the National Rehabilitation Strategy 2021-2025 as well as advocacy to include more AT/AD covered by the health insurance scheme. In addition to that, IC will also support to improve information sharing, awareness raising on AT/AD related issues.
With the growing of the project, IC searching for highly qualified and motivated candidates for the position of M&E specialist to monitor overall project quality and share good development practices to stakeholders
1. JOB DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
This position reports to the Moving without Limits’s CoP and acts as a primary person responsible for supporting the award in in monitoring, evaluation and reporting the quality, relevance, and impact of activities under the award. This includes monitoring the award performance in accordance with the terms of the award, and ensuring the timely and accurate collection of critical program data and the routine application of data to continuous quality improvement of activities in intervened areas. In specific, the M&E specialist will:
o Lead a project team in design, development and implementation of an M&E system and oversee routine program monitoring activities in selected geographies;
o Facilitates the coordination and support the timely and accurate collection to ensure the quality of M&E related data to be collected throughout the program implementation;
o Utilize the Collaborative, Learning and Adapting (CLA) approach on a regular basis to continually assess project progress and inform project management decision- making;
o Provide support to performance evaluation process in collaboration with USAID and the independent evaluation team;
o Participate in the preparation and facilitation of informational meetings with project’s partners;
o Manage a M&E database, analyze and visualize data, disseminate findings, and support technical teams to prepare periodic technical reports required by donor
o Provide technical support to partners in M&E; and performs other relevant duties as requested
3. REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION
Qualifications and Experience Required:
● Bachelor degree in public health, social science, economics.
● At least 5 years of working experience in research, M&E in health and development intervention programs. Experiences of working with USAID is preferable.
● Have strong working experiences in strategic information system strengthening for health or development programs and working with the Central Government agencies and provinces
● Highly proficient in STATA, EPI INFO, SPSS and other statistical software
● Very good skills of statistical presentation and articulation
● Have high ability of working under pressure, meeting deadlines, responsiveness and demonstrated loyalty
● Good teamwork, leadership, apt of learning, strategic thinking and evidence-based decision approach .
● Having long-term commitment to the job
● Able to undertake high frequency of business travel, probably on by monthly basis.
● Experience in standard statistical methods/tools in research and with quantitative and qualitative research method
● Experience in monitoring and evaluation, data analysis and use in project development
Skills / Technical skills and knowledge:
● Strong knowledge and experience in monitoring and evaluation of development programs, particularly USAID M&E system
● Demonstrated understanding of health related project indicators, data needs and performance measurement.
● Knowledge and experience in data management software analysis and design.
● Good facilitation, training skills and team work;
● Good analytical and report writing skills.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Strong negotiation, coordination, communication and interpersonal skills
● English proficiency: Good listening, speaking, reading and writing skill.
● Teamwork, professionalism, flexibility and an understanding of working with people from diverse backgrounds.
● Good teamwork, leadership, strategic thinking and decision making.
● Having long-term commitment to the job.
● Having a vision, dedication and ability to learn, to work independently and in groups, high sense of responsibility.
● Willing to accept high frequency of business travel in Vietnam and overseas
The Consultant will work under the direct supervision and evaluation of the CoP with support from project staff(s).
Start of Performance: as soon as possible, for 1 year with possibility of extension.
4. APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Individual(s) interested in this missions are invited to submit your applications in English, either by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post (to The International Center, R.103-203, B3 Building, Van Phuc Diplomatic Compound, 298 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi, Vietnam).
Please state “Application for the <position>” in the subject line or on the envelope. The short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications should include:
i) Expression of Interest;
ii) CVs demonstrating relevant capacity and experience
Deadline for submission: 15 November, 2020.
For further information, please contact:
Ms. Hua Thi Thu Len – Receptionist
Tel: (84-24) 3733 9444, ext: 9
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản
Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
All the latest news in Vietnam
Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất