Save the Children’s vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children started our work in Vietnam in 1990, and implements programs in the key thematic areas: Education, Health and Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights and Governance, Child Poverty, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Emergency Response. At present, Vietnam Country Office has programs in 20 out of 63 provinces in Vietnam.
Save the Children in Vietnam continues to develop innovative programming that reflects the overall strategic goal of measurably improving the survival, health, protection and development of Vietnam’s poorest children by strengthening the capacity of women and children, caring adults, communities and partner organizations.
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
Child Safeguarding positioning statement:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
We are looking for a Vietnamese national for:
- Vacancy: MEAL Officer (Part-time)
I. Consultant’s responsibilities:
Key Area 1: Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Provide support in developing project logframe during proposal development, particularly in identifying indicators of achievement
- Support development of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) plan and tools/approaches for project monitoring which comply with SCI Essential Standard on Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) in close consultation with MEAL Manager, DPDQA, Program Teams and other MEAL Officers.
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities are undertaken as planned
- Provide technical support to Save the Children and local partners staff regarding MEAL activities to ensure quality data collection in a timely manner
- Support the MEAL Manager in implementation of assessments and surveys, including baseline, end-line, and KAP surveys
- Undertake field visits to monitor progress and support monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Support MEAL Manager and program teams in collection of information for program KPIs.
Key Area 2: Accountability:
- Work closely with Program Teams to ensure all staff in the country programme, including partner staff, fully understand and promote accountability in general and to children in particular, through training and coaching.
- Work with Program Teams in formalizing beneficiaries and partners feedback mechanism in order to address any complaints they may raise concerning project implementation and/or support for investigation of the any significant complaints when needed.
- Based on the results of investigation, make appropriate recommendation to concerned line of manager how to respond to any significant complaint.
Key Area 3: Learning:
- Promote learning throughout the organisation, particularly on issues of programme quality, policy analysis and advocacy.
- Provide support to program staff when needed, to organize lessons learned workshop during project implementation or during end of project
- Co-ordinate with programme staff to ensure that lessons learned are properly documented and are incorporated into programme implementation and design.
- Participate in designing and implementation of studies, assessments, researches and learning in coordination and cooperation with program staff.
II. Qualifications & Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Statistics, Economics, Business administration, Epidemiology, Mathematics, Science or Information Technology
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in M&E field, particularly experience in methodologies, developing logframes and result frameworks.
- Ability to work with MS Excel; experience in MS Access and SPSS will be advantageous
- Proven experience in programme monitoring, review and evaluation, including setting of indicators and collection, analysis and presentation of data relating to programme work;
- Quick learner with ability to think strategically and creatively;
- Ability to provide technical support/inputs in developing and implementing MEAL
- Excellent ability to meet tight deadlines accurately and on time
- Able to write and speak in English and Vietnamese
- Commitment to and understanding of SCI mission, values and principles including rights-based approaches
Interested consultant(s) should send their profile to Save the Children International in Vietnam via Vietnam.HR@savethechildren.org. The profile should include include CVs and draft agenda for this training course.
The closing date for application is 5pm on 10th August, 2020. Applications will be treated in confidence. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and CVs cannot be returned.
Save the Children is an equal opportunities employer. Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse, and our people are as diverse as the challenge we face. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, race, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Kênh tài chính, chứng khoán việt nam
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
16/08/2020Save the Children
17/08/2020International Labour Organization (ILO)
10/08/2020International Labour Organization (ILO)
15/08/2020US Embassy Hanoi
17/08/2020Vietnam Social Health Revolution (VSHR)
31/08/2020Center of Rural Economic Development
18/08/2020European Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (EuroCham)
07/08/2020International Labour Organization (ILO)
15/08/2020Vietnam Youth Alliance
National Expert (Team Leader) for Development of Standard Operating Procedure for Providing Supports to Overseas Vietnamese Victims of Trafficking and Survivors of Violence and HarassmentUN Women Vietnam
05/08/2020United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
08/08/2020Vietnam Social Health Revolution (VSHR)