The MEAL Officer is responsible to monitor and measure project’s outputs, outcomes and impacts are being achieved according to the agreed indicators, to facilitate capturing lessons learned in the implementation of different project activities and ensure lessons learned are integrated in program or project development, contribute in establishing feedback mechanism to gather information from beneficiaries and partners concerning their views about our program, and provide MEAL technical support to staff and partners.
Key Area 1: Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Develop Monitoring, Evaluation and tools/approaches for project monitoring which comply with SCI Quality Framework on Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) in close consultation with the project managers, country office MEAL Manager and Donor/Members (if required).
- Develop beneficiary tracking database, data collection and reporting tools to capture longitudinal baseline, intervention, and follow-up data on beneficiaries and program activities.
- Monthly compile and clean beneficiary database and ensure that the database is up to date with beneficiaries’ status.
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities are undertaken as planned
- Provide technical support to Save the Children and implementing partners staff regarding MEAL activities to ensure quality data collection in a timely manner
- Provide regular analysis and recommendations of the project progress based in the database as required
- Lead implementation of assessments and surveys, including baseline, end-line, and assessment tools covering relevant project indicators as needed
- Undertake field visits to monitor progress and support monitoring and evaluation activities
- Take part in documenting case studies and best practices
- Support Project Managers in preparing relevant reports (regular internal and donor reports)
Key Area 2: Accountability:
- Work closely with project/program teams to ensure all project/program staff (SCI and partners), to fully understand and promote accountability in general and to children and beneficiaries in particular, through training and coaching.
- Work with country office MEAL Team to establish an effective feedback and response mechanism functioning at the project implementation levels.
- Lead and/or support for investigation of the complaints and feedback as and when needed.
- Based on analysis of complaints, make appropriate recommendation to line management.
Key Area 3: Learning:
- Participate in the Project Management Board meeting as per required and facilitate the Learning component as one of project outcomes.
- Promote learning throughout the HCM office, particularly on issues of project quality, policy analysis and advocacy. Ensure new analysis and information is constantly available.
- Co-ordinate with project staff to ensure that lessons learned are properly documented and are incorporated into project implementation and design.
- Participate in designing and implementation of studies, assessments, research and learning in co-ordination and cooperation with project staff.
- Internal: The post holder will be expected to work with project officers, CO MEAL team under the supervision of the project manager.
- External: The post holder will be expected to develop and maintain personal links and effective relationships with partners & counterparts and Member MEAL point person(s) and project beneficiaries.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Economics, Business administration, International Development
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 3 years of experience in project M&E field, experience in database, capacity building and beneficiary follow up is an advantage.
- Proven experience in program monitoring, review and evaluation, including setting of indicators and collection, analysis and presentation of program data, learning and accountability mechanisms.
- Quick learner with ability to think strategically and creatively;
- Ability to provide technical support/inputs in developing and implementing sound M&E and Accountability systems for children.
- Strong skills in data analyses (both qualitative and quantitative data) using suitable packages (STATA, SPSS for quantitative data, and NVivo or MAXQDA for qualitative data)
- Skills in data visualization is desirable.
- Skills in database management is desirable.
- Having research background is desirable.
- Excellent ability to meet tight deadlines accurately and on time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Vietnamese
Commitment to and understanding of SCI mission, values and principles including rights-based approaches.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at:
Closing Date for Application: 19th January, 2021
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
We believe that gender equality is a basic right for all people
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policyCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
27/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi
24/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi
13/02/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
25/01/2021Clean Energy Investment Accelerator (CEIA)
01/01/1970Clean Energy Investment Accelerator (CEIA)
03/02/2021European Representative Office (ERO)
31/01/2021Vietnam Red Cross Society (VNRC)
18/01/2021Humanity and Inclusion