- Position Title : Medical Assistant
- Duty Station : Hanoi, Vietnam
- Classification : General Service Staff
- Type of Appointment : One -year fixed term contract with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Closing Date: 5PM, 16 November 2023
- Reference Code: VN2023/HN/032 (E)
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. Internal candidates should meet the minimum of time in post requirement of eighteen months or more. This requirement will be reduced to six months for internal candidates who are incumbents of a position confirmed for discontinuation.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) or Chief Migration Health Officer (CMHO) and the direct supervision of the Head of Health Assessment Programme (HAP) the successful candidate will be responsible for the carrying out the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) in Ha Noi, Viet Nam.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Medical Assistant provides information, relevant to Health Assessment Programs, Applicant processing and other IOM services to the migrants.
He/she may be assigned to one of two potential subunits within the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC): the reception and data processing unit or the call centre. The incumbent will need to be capable of flexibility when assigned different tasks. Below is a description of the possible tasks, which are more detailed in the duty lists and standard operating procedures (SOPS). Call Centre overall duties:
- Provide migrants’ information regarding health assessments by phone.
- Register the migrants in the IOM database, schedule and confirm medical appointments and receive and communicate messages for medical staff and beneficiaries
- Prepare master lists of migrants scheduled for health assessment processing and submit them to respective service providers / relevant persons as required.
- Maintain daily statistics related to health assessments and update the records; and,
- Contribute to customer satisfaction evaluation management.
Reception and Data Entry overall duties:
6. Perform all the necessary data processing activities of the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC), such as:
a. receiving and explaining the registration process to applicants.
b. checking applicant’s identity.
c. entering biodata of the applicants in the appropriate platform.
d. taking photos using webcam and loading the image to the appropriate platform; and,
e. printing of medical forms, consent forms and other necessary documents.
7. Receive all completed medical examination forms, x-rays and other documents from Country Offices or Panel Physicians while updating the reception of the same in the database and forward for quality check before clearance, if applicable.
8. Prepare, sort and package medical files and other documents during mobile migration health assessment missions where such mobile units are available.
9. Transmit completed medical forms, DNA packages and other medical documents either by electronic means or by courier services to the various partners. Ensure correct contacts and physical address are used whenever documents are transmitted by courier services and ensure to inform the receiving party of the parcel tracking number electronically;
10. File incoming/outgoing letters, reports, memoranda, emails faxes as well as IOM documents and forms related to IOM medical issues.
11. Check, print and make photocopy of bank deposit slips (or other proof of payment). Regularly submit these photocopies to the Administrative/Finance Assistant; and,
12. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree with at least two years of relevant working experience. OR
- Secondary School Diploma with at least four years of relevant working experience. Certificate in IT/Data entry is an advantage.
- Experience in computer data entry, elaboration and analysis or in a call centre in a busy institution, preferably a medical one.
- Typing speed of at least 60 words per minute.
- High computer literacy in Windows and MS Office is mandatory, knowledge of web page design would be an asset.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, as well as previous secretarial and archival experience, an added advantage; and,
- Previous working experience with NGOs or international organizations is an added advantage
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese is required. Other relevant languages are an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment
How to apply
All interested candidates should download and complete an IOM Personal History Form from the IOM Viet Nam website at https://vietnam.iom.int/vi
Completed applications, including IOM Personal History Form, application letter, and copies of diplomas and certificates, recommendation letters, etc. may be delivered to the IOM Mission Office in Hanoi at 304 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh dist, Ha Noi or submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org referring to this Vacancy Notice’s Position Title.
IOM only accepts profiles with IOM Personal History Form duly completed.
Applications are non-returnable and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Posting period: From 03.11.2023 to 16.11.2023
For more details, please visit:
Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
10/12/2023United Nations Volunteer