The United States Peace Corps is a non-political, non-religious organization that will bring Americans to Viet Nam to serve as Peace Corps Volunteers. Volunteers will co-teach English language classes with Vietnamese teachers in secondary schools. The Peace Corps is serving in Viet Nam at the invitation of the Government of Viet Nam and working closely with Ministry of Education and Training with a goal to improve the English language skills of teachers and students. Peace Corps Volunteers commit to two years of service, will live with host families, and will support and co-lead additional school related activities in accordance with the school leadership. A new cohort of Volunteers will arrive each year. The Peace Corps was founded by U.S. President John F. Kennedy in 1961 to promote world peace and friendship.
General information about the Peace Corps can be found on www.peacecorps.gov.
Position Title: Peace Corps Medical Officer
Opening Date: March 26, 2021
Submission Date for first review: April 16, 2021, Open until filled
Area of Consideration/Who may apply: All applicants must be a naturalized citizen or permanent resident of Viet Nam who are legally able to work within the country.
Point of Contact: Peace Corps Human Resources - PCVietNamJobs@peacecorps.gov
Market Value/Salary (per annum): US$ 32,908– US$ 49,380 + benefits
Period of Performance/ Length of Contract/ Work Schedule: Definite term – five years/ Monday to Friday (40 hours per week). Peace Corps expects this contract to be continuing in nature for the contractor to perform under a series of sequential contracts, subject to the availability of funds.
Place of Performance: Peace Corps Viet Nam, Peace Corps office Ha Noi.
Security Level required: Local Security Certificate
Background information of the position
The United States Peace Corps seeks a Medical Doctor or Nurse Practitioner to serve as a contracted Peace Corps Medical Officer (PCMO) based in Ha Noi. The PCMO will provide health care to U.S. Peace Corps Volunteers in and will work under the supervision of the Peace Corps Country Director in and the Peace Corps Office of Medical Services in Washington DC.
• Graduate of accredited school MDs must be a graduate of a school listed in this link, Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research https://search.wdoms.org/
• Current license to practice
• Relevant clinical experience in primary care after medical school
• Ability to communicate effectively in oral /written English.
• Experience in managing mental health issues including counseling of patients
• Experience in training design and presentation of health related material
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook
• Program management, administrative experience
• Ability to work effectively as part of an intercultural team
• Hardworking, reliable and diligent with good inter-personal skills
• Willing to travel to sites in Viet Nam
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Must be able to obtain an American visa
Duties and Responsibilities / Tasks and Deliverables
• Routine primary health care to Peace Corps Trainees and Volunteers including treatment of common illnesses and injuries in accordance with Peace Corps medical guidelines
• Individual short-term counseling on disease prevention, adjustment issues, stress management and cross-cultural problems
• Response to emergency medical situations
• Member of Senior Peace Corps staff in (name country)
• Ability to conduct trainings on health related issues
• Site visits to Peace Corps Volunteers throughout (name country)
• Administrative tasks of the medical office including budget management
• Inventory of medical supplies and equipment
• Alternate 24 hour on- call duty with the other PCMO
Evaluation and Selection Criteria:
Applications will be initially screened for eligibility in accordance with the required qualifications mentioned above. Those applicants who meet the required qualifications will be scored based on the preferred qualifications. Highest scoring candidates will be called in for an interviews, language and skills test (presentations, excel/word tests). Performance from all interviews and skills test will be considered as a whole package to ensure the best candidate is selected that meets the needs of the Peace Corps mission. Professional reference checks will be conducted for selected candidates and final approval for the position is required from Regional and Headquarters Office of Health Services physicians.
How to apply:
Please submit the following in English by email (with your name and the position you are applying for in as the subject of the email) as one PDF file to PCVietNamJobs@peacecorps.gov:
1. Application Cover Letter
2. Curriculum Vitae (CV) that includes:
- Professional positions held, identifying duties, responsibilities, dates of employment and reason for leaving
- Education and training, identifying universities attended, dates of attendance, degrees and diplomas.
- Professional licenses, certificates, registrations
- An accounting for periods of unemployment longer than three months
Closing date: Applications should be received 6:00 pm Friday, April 16, 2021 for consideration in the first review. Position remains open until filled. Applications for one position maybe considered for any current open position. No phone calls or personal visits related to this vacancy will be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All applicants must pass a background/security investigation and medical certification. Any contract offer with the US Peace Corps is contingent upon a candidate’s ability to secure the necessary certifications.
All applicants must be a naturalized citizen of the host country or must have the required work permit or documentation that permits the applicant to work legally in the country in order to be eligible for consideration.
The application must contain all the information necessary to demonstrate that the candidate possesses the education, experience, skills and language abilities required for this position.
Benefits and Allowances:
• One-month basic salary Tet Bonus
• Contribution to mandatory insurances pursuant to GVN’s law/ regulations including social insurance, health insurance and unemployment insurance.
• Coverage of additional health insurance 90% for incumbent and each eligible family member
• Annual and sick leave according to local labor law
ALLOWANCES (as applicable):
• Unique Condition Work allowance: 7% of Annual basic salary (upon annual review).
• Miscellaneous Benefits Allowance: US$1,000 per annum or US$3,000 per annum
The Peace Corps is both a federal agency and a vehicle through which American citizens offer needed assistance to people around the world and, in doing so, promote greater cross-cultural understanding between Americans and the people of the host countries. The fulfillment of the Peace Corps’ mission to foster greater understanding among the world’s citizens requires that we adhere to the highest standards with respect to equal employment opportunity for all Volunteers, employees, and applicants. The U.S. Peace Corps Vietnam will provide equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, ethnicity, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, pregnancy and maternity or sexual orientation. The Peace Corps will also strive to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. Discrimination based on factors that have no bearing on a person’s ability to serve and perform his or her duties is not permitted and will not be tolerated.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
30/04/2021Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)