Open to Internal and External Candidates
VN 2020/08 (NO-HCMC)
|Position Title||:||Migrant Health Physician|
|Duty Station||:||HCMC, Vietnam|
|Classification||:||National Officer, Grade NO-B (UN Salary Scale)|
|Type of Appointment||:||Fixed term, One year with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||:||As soon as possible|
|Closing Date||:||December 29, 2020|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. Internal candidates should meet the minimum of time in post requirement of six months or more.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Office in HCMC, and direct supervision of the Chief Migration Health Officer, the Migration Health Physician will be responsible for reviewing the documentation of all cases screened at IOM”s clinic and other collaborating hospitals, prescribing treatment where required, and issuing final medical classifications. The Migration Health Physician also ensures the quality of all IOM medical screenings, manages special medical cases, and organises medical escort flights.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Reviews screened cases and the medical documentations for all IOM cases departing Viet Nam;
- Arranges the pre-departure screening nurse in dealing with all medical cases regarding the decision whether to delay or allow departure from Viet Nam;
- Works with the Chief Migration Health Officer in monitoring the Special Medical Team (SMT) staff through the review of documents and personal contacts with the SMT on special cases requiring medical escorts or needing a revised medical classification;
- Monitors the technical quality of the medical examinations by reviewing the documentation of all cases screened by the SMT and provides feedbacks to Chief Migration Health Officer;
- Performs medical examination at the request of applicants applying to various countries;
- Arranges medical flights and assigns doctors and nurses to escorts medical cases, with the approval of the Chief Migration Health Officer;
- Escorts medical cases as directed by the Chief Migration Health Officer;
- Manages the IOM HIV seropositive caseload including post-test counselling and maintaining all confidential medical records and follow-up reports pertaining to this group;
- Coordinates with the IT colleagues and medical assistants on all matters related to computerizing medical file documentation and medical processing or IOM cases screened in Viet Nam;
- Assists the Chief Migration Health Officer in meetings with hospitals;
- Acts on medical issues behalf of the Chief Migration Health Officer when the latter is absent;
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the supervisors.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Medicine school with two years of relevant professional experience; or University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Valid license to practice within country is mandatory;
- Experience in immigration medical screening or international public health preferred;
- Computer literate, excellent communication, capacity for independent work.
Fluency in English and Vietnamese is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators (level 3)
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Only candidates residing in the country will be considered. A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
All interested candidates should download and complete an IOM Personal History Form from the IOM Viet Nam website at www.iom.int.vn
Completed applications, including IOM Personal History Form, application letter, and copies of diplomas and certificates, valid license to practice, recommendation letters, etc. may be delivered to the IOM Sub-Office in Ho Chi Minh City at 1B Pham Ngoc Thach, District 1, or submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/01/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi