Open to Internal and External Candidates
(Vietnamese national only)
Position Title: Migration Health Physician
Duty Station: Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 5:00 PM, March 19, 2020
Reference Code: VN2020/HN/06 (E)
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. Internal candidates should meet the minimum of time in post requirement of eighteen months or more. This requirement will be reduced to six months for internal candidates who are incumbents of a position confirmed for discontinuation.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and the direct supervision of the Chief Migration Health Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for the carrying out the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) in Ha Noi, Viet Nam.
Core Functions and Responsibilities:
Ensure the efficient daily operations of the Migration Health Assessment Center (MHAC), in close coordination with the Chief Migration Health Officer (CMHO).
- Conduct the Ha Noi MHAC’s migration health assessment process to fulfil the technical requirements of the resettlement countries in the areas of:
- Medical examinations;
- Laboratory testing;
- TB management;
- Treatment and referrals;
- Pre-departure procedures and medical movements;
- Documentation, certification and information transmission; and,
- Other technical areas as may be required
- Ensure proper identification of refugees and migrants during the health assessment and record all relevant health information in standard forms; ensuring completeness and accuracy of the recorded information.
- Perform treatment for TB and sexually transmitted infections and provide support to the HIV and counselling activities. Oversee and coordinate the management of TB cases to ensure effective TB treatment.
- Oversee and coordinate accurate and effective provision of immunization and presumptive treatment programmes in full compliance with the technical guidelines and protocols of the resettlement countries. Assist CMHO in monitoring, supervising and educating all staff in the delivery of these programmes.
- Contribute to and maintain a system of quality improvement for each service area within the MHAC. Undertake quality control activities on a regular basis, including practice observation, desk audits and use of self-assessment tools. Use data analysis and web reporting system to monitor performance indicators. Ensure implementation of the global IOM Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); create and implement Ha Noi MHAC specific SOPs for each service area. Ensure proper reporting and management of incidents according to the Guidance Note for Incident Management.
- Organize systematic collection, processing and analyses of migration health data according to guidelines established by the CMHO. Ensure data quality. Provide periodic, as well as ad-hoc reporting to the CMHO for Migration Health activities.
- Ensure that all data related to heath assessment programmes is appropriately entered to Migrant Management Operational System Application (MiMOSA) and other related databases.
- Oversee the financial aspects of the MHAC in close coordination with the mission’s finance staff: supervise budget preparation, suggest adjustments and cost-effective solutions, and review financial reports.
- Provide oversight and coordinate the procurement of medical equipment, vaccines, medications and other medical supplies in coordination with the CMHO and the Resource Management Unit.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Medicine from an accredited academic institution with at least four years of professional work experience.
- Minimum of four (4) years, post-graduation, (post internship in countries with mandatory internship programs) continuous clinical experience, preferably in a multidisciplinary hospital setting. The last clinical posting should be within the last five years; and,
- Valid license to practice within country is mandatory.
Fluency in English and Vietnamese is required. Other relevant languages are an advantage
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies
- Inclusion & respect for diversity – Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; Encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible
- Integrity & transparency – Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct
- Professionalism – Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges
Core Competencies – Behavioural indicators
- Teamwork – Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results
- Delivering results – Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes
- Managing and sharing knowledge – Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate
- Accountability – Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication – Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way
Managerial Competencies – Behavioural indicators
- Leadership – provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential
- Empowering others and building trust – creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential
- Strategic thinking and vision – works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, security clearance and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How To Apply:
Completed applications, including IOM Personal History Form, application letter, and copies of diplomas and certificates, recommendation letters, etc. may be delivered to the IOM Mission Office in Hanoi at 304 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh dist, Ha Noi or submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org referring to this Vacancy Notice’s Position Title.
IOM only accepts profiles with IOM Personal History Form duly completed.
Applications are non-returnable and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
From 05.03.2020 to 19.03.2020
To Download the complete IOM Personal History form, please click here.
Note: In order to view the IOM Personal History form, must have Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
06/12/2020The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
02/12/2020Làng Trẻ SOS Việt Nam
03/12/2020The Hinrich Foundation
04/12/2020The Vietnam Foundation
15/01/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
24/12/2020The National Institute of Genetics
07/01/2021World Bank Group
02/12/2020Department of Operational Support (DOS)
07/12/2020Office of the United Nations Ombudsman and Mediation Services (UNOMS)