Duty Station: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Status: Full-time. Permanent.
Application due: 25 May 2020
Starting date: as soon as possible
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team works to provide leadership, oversight, and coordination for the M&E, Research activities of AIP Foundation programs and projects with a clear methodology that supports the efficient implementation and achievement of goals.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator will be based in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. The Coordinator will report directly to the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager in Ho Chi Minh City. In addition, the Coordinator will work closely with program staffs in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, and China as well as all other departments.
A key focus of this position will be supporting in providing methodology for M&E and Research Activity include data collection methodology, data quality assurance, data analysis, and dissemination. The Coordinator also provides some administrative and logistical support to the M&E Manager.
The position requires extensive experience with database management as well as an understanding of M&E concepts and theory. Candidates with experience conducting reporting, trainings will be preferred.
The responsibilities listed below are inclusive, but not exhaustive, of the role. It is reasonable to assume that additional tasks will be requested, as and when needed.
- Support M&E Manager in providing M&E/Research plan and methodology for M&E Activities of projects from the program design to evaluation stage; to ensure that all requirements of project monitoring and evaluation are strictly followed by M&E Plan and requirements of the donors.
- Responsibility may include developing data collection tools, spot checks of the fieldwork and data collection, do data cleaning, data analysis and reporting (as requested). The Coordinator also develop, under the instruction of M&E Manager, any necessary template for data collected form by using Excel, Epi Data Entry, Kobo Toolbox;
- Work with external consultants in all activities related to M&E of the project;
- Conduct literature reviews to inform the design of new programs, as needed;
- Support M&E Manager to organize datasets from external road safety and population surveillance, as needed;
- Support M&E Manager in design, managing and improving monitoring database (ActivityInfo) system;
- Provide technical support to resolve ActivityInfo bug reports;
- Regularly check data entered ActivityInfo for quality and advise project teams on how to use data for program improvement;
- Support M&E Manager in manage and storage data/documents in Server, Zotero;
- Ensure programs and development access and appropriately report monitoring data;
- Support development and communications to translate monitoring data into materials for outreach, external communications, fundraising, and advocacy;
- Support in synthesize data for publications, progress reports, annual reports;
- Analyze data, as needed;
Capacity building and training
- Develop and refine M&E training materials and guideline, as needed;
- Conduct data collection training for staff and volunteers, as needed;
- Support M&E Manager to provide related M&E trainings for new staff orientation and/or to refresh the knowledge of current staff, as needed;
- Coordinate regular meetings with M&E contacts in country offices;
- Support M&E Manager to provide training, orientation;
- Support logistics, administration and planning for M&E activities and meetings;
- Support to manage M&E workspace in Podio;
- Design surveys and other data collection tools to gather data internally;
- Support M&E Manager to provide bi-monthly, monthly management reporting to CEO;
- Other tasks, as requested by the M&E Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in biostatistics, public health, social science, evaluation, information technology, or a related field;
- 2+ years relevant work experience;
- Understanding and experience in project monitoring and evaluation is preferable;
- Proficiency in database management a plus;
- Good organizing skills and interpersonal skills;
- Experience with proposal and report writing, and an ability to meet M&E requirements from a wide variety of donors;
- Strong written and spoken English; proficiency in Vietnamese or in a language spoken in Cambodia, Thailand, or China is a highly distinctive asset;
- Ability to work highly independently within a multicultural and interdisciplinary team;
- Ability to prioritize with minimal supervision and work independently as well as function as a member of a team;
- Ability to work with all programs, all staff and across time zones;
- Advanced computer skills, especially MS Office applications and statistical software (e.g. SPSS, Stata, R, etc.);
- Willingness to travel.
Contact and Deadline
The position will be hired locally and for Vietnamese only.
Applications are due 25 May 2020. However, please note that due to the urgency to fill the position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews may be conducted before the closing date.
Please submit a one-page cover letter, maximum two-page CV, and three references with current email addresse and telephone number to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will inform you before contacting your references. All applications will be carefully vetted, including working history and background checks.
Please do not contact by phone.
About AIP Foundation
AIP Foundation is a U.S. registered 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization addressing the pervasive and devastating rate of road traffic crash injuries and fatalities in developing countries through a holistic set of programs, with a particular focus on helmet use. Our pillared strategy includes access to safe equipment, public awareness campaigns, school-based and targeted population campaigns, technical assistance particularly focused on legislative advocacy and helmet standards; and research, monitoring, and evaluation.
Currently, AIP Foundation has approximately 50 staff with offices in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, Phnom Penh in Cambodia, Bangkok in Thailand and Chengdu in China. AIP Foundation funders and partners include a wide variety of public and private donors. As a member of the United Nations Road Safety Collaboration, AIP Foundation provides input to reports made by the UN Secretary General to the UN General Assembly. For additional information, please visit http://aip-foundation.org/
04/06/2020Embassy of Denmark
15/06/2020Save the Children
10/06/2020Save the Children
10/06/2020World Vision International - Vietnam
National Team Leader and International Team Member for Feasibility Study of Opportunities for Viet Nam to Participate in SEADRIFUNDP