‘Expanding Efforts and Strategies to Protect and
Improve Public Health in Vietnam’, Global Health Security
Program, Vietnam Country Program
Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Division: Global Health Programs
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH has been working to support local partners in Vietnam for 40 years. Our current portfolio in Vietnam includes work to support health care providers and communities prevent and respond to communicable and noncommunicable diseases, advance digital health innovation, and address global health security priorities.
PATH seeks an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer to support a potential United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC) funded program titled “Expanding Efforts and Strategies to Protect and Improve Public Health in Vietnam”. The project’s goal is to increase Vietnam’s ability to prevent, detect, and respond to emergencies of public health importance, as well asemerging infectious disease threats. This program expands on PATH’s current US CDC-funded Global Health Security Partnership activities in Vietnam.
The M&E Officer will play a key role in developing and supporting the design and implementation of the project monitoring and evaluation framework and project information system. They will work with the M&E Team Lead to develop and manage the project’s Evaluation and Performance Measurement Plan (EPMP) and Data Management Plan (DMP) in collaboration with project staff and partners. They will lead collection, analysis and rapid feedback of project data to assess activity progress and areas for improvement, design and implement evaluations to set baselines, inform program design and demonstrate progress towards anticipated outcomes and impacts, and develop and maintain systems to collect, analyze and report information on inputs, outputs, outcomes and impact of the program. They will support the M&E Team Lead, the Project Director, and the Principal Investigator to manage key internal and external activities determining project success, such as tracking deliverables, coordinating efforts, and identifying and managing critical risks. This position will be based in Hanoi.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the design and implementation of the project monitoring and evaluation framework.
- Support collection and analysis of project data to assess progress and areas of improvement.
- Develop and institutionalize rapid data review and feedback cycles to ensure project uses routine and evaluation data for data informed activity planning and evidence-based project implementation.
- Design appropriate evaluation protocols and data collection instruments.
- Develop and maintain systems to collect and analyze information on inputs, outputs, outcomes and impact of the program.
- Institute processes for data management and ensuring data privacy.
- Support technical staff in M&E functions and coordinate with other Government, PATH, and partner M&E staff to disseminate and use M&E information.
- Ensure quality, consistency and adherence to standards and best practices for M&E across the project, including data quality and use.
- Develop data visualization dashboards to aid data use with appropriate audiences.
- Disseminate applicable findings from evaluations to appropriate audiences and support the writing of manuscripts.
Core competencies/Required Skills:
- Master’s degree in demography, epidemiology, statistics, public health, or related field preferred.
- A minimum of four (4) years relevant experience.
- At least two (2) years of experience in program design, monitoring and evaluation of complex health programs, participatory assessment and monitoring, and data processing and analysis.
- Prior experience setting up and implementing data collection systems that track performance as per the objectives of the project.
- Demonstrated qualitative and quantitative analytic skills, coupled with proven ability in using visuals like graphs, charts, maps, and GIS.
- Experience and proficiency in writing reports for monitoring and reporting on project outcomes and impacts, including performance monitoring plans for external audiences, and manuscripts for publication.
- Computer skills demonstrating competency in MS Office Suite and at least one statistical package such as Stata or SPSS.
- Demonstrated self-starter (i.e., motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability).
- Excellent professional written and oral communication skills in English and Vietnamese.
- Ability to interact skillfully and diplomatically with numerous counterparts, including donors, Ministry of Health officials, local partners and other NGOs.
- Familiarity with US government reporting requirements preferred.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam.
Note: this position is contingent upon donor funding. All offers are conditional upon donor approval.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment.
PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
06/12/2020The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
02/12/2020Làng Trẻ SOS Việt Nam
03/12/2020The Hinrich Foundation
04/12/2020The Vietnam Foundation
03/12/2020World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
24/12/2020The National Institute of Genetics
07/01/2021World Bank Group
02/12/2020Department of Operational Support (DOS)
07/12/2020Office of the United Nations Ombudsman and Mediation Services (UNOMS)
15/12/2020International Labour Organization (ILO)
14/12/2020World Bank Group
11/12/2020International Finance Corporation (IFC)