About Social Impact
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is implementing the USAID Learns Contract (Learns). The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and its Implementing Partners (IPs) to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent programs by: (1) improving IP knowledge and skills in Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning & Adapting (CLA); (2) advancing evidence-informed decision-making; and (3) strengthening strategic collaboration between staff and local stakeholders.
SI seeks to hire a young, dynamic and motivated consultant to actively support the Learns Monitoring team over a 3 to 6 months period. The short-term consultant will be primarily focused on supporting team-wide internal data-management, the execution of a variety of ad-hoc monitoring tasks for IPs and the transfer of knowledge to new Monitoring team members. The ideal candidate should demonstrate her/his keen ability to pay attention to details, quickly learn and effectively apply/adapt to learns lessons, processes/systems/tools and approaches. The consultant will be supervised by one of Learns’ Monitoring Specialists.
Please note: This is a local position. Only?Vietnamese?citizens are eligible to apply
The Monitoring Assistant Consultant will be expected to carry out a variety of tasks, including in the following areas:
- Internal Data Management (DM)
Help the team maintain strong day-to-day data management practices, including:
- Learns AMELP:
- Work closely with relevant colleagues to make sure that all raw data (especially Learns indicator-related data) is reliable and timely.
- Periodically review and check results
- Proactively flag and help solve any identified data quality issues and/or lessons learned
- Proactively help upkeep and upgrade the related database and systems.
- Help identify and track anticipated Learns AMELP updates.
- Perform data-entry and seek associated approvals for the submission of Learns AMELP results on the Development Information Solutions (DIS).
- Learns Task Tracker
- Offer day-to-day maintenance and upgrade support on the management of the Learns task tracker.
- Help trouble shoot any task tracker related issues.
- Support the creation of task completion surveys for Monitoring team member on Survey Monkey.
- Actively support the consolidation, quality control and visualization of relevant data, for periodic reports (including quarterly and annual reports) or ad-hoc needs (e.g., data parties).
- Support the upkeep & upgrade of other knowledge management tools (e.g., Resource Hub, and Contact List database).
- Support the capacity-building and transfer of knowledge to new team members, especially in areas of internal Learns data-management.
- Monitoring team
Depending on need/demand, support the Monitoring team to achieve the following tasks:
- To conduct Data Quality Assessments (DQAs), including desk reviews, data verification, report writing, cleaning and formatting.
- To offer support the Learns Data Management Consultant (DMO) or Officer.
- To pilot FY23 Specialist dojo exercises prior to delivery.
- To review monitoring documents before delivery.
- To develop or update Monitoring resources (leaflets, training materials, pagers, etc.)
- To help coordinate the scheduling of team meetings/events and take notes
- Translate relevant documents and interpret from Vietnamese to English (and vis-versa), when applicable, and
- Support recruitment processes as may apply.
- Education: Undergraduate University degree is required
- Demonstrated experience in both areas of Monitoring & Data management, especially under a USAID-funded project.
- Demonstrated interest, affinity and desire to expand data management related skills
- Proven basic data analysis, data visualization techniques and skills.
- Demonstrated basic familiarity with core data management software (e.g., Excel, Power Query, Power BI, and/or other relevant platforms).
- Good analytical, system design, and presentation skills.
- Service oriented, inquisitive, adaptable, fast-learner, strong-listener and problem-solver.
- Ability to effectively work with a wide variety of actors.
- Very strong inter-personal /communications skills.
- Advanced English certification and interpretation skill between English and Vietnamese is required.
- Familiarity/experience working in a USAID-funded project, required.
The closing date for application: November 20, 2022. Selection and interview will be performed constantly and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply, please merge both your CV and a cover letter (one-page outlining your qualifications and motivations for applying) into one pdf file and submit it through the online portal.
SI is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
10/12/2023United Nations Volunteer