Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is implementing the USAID Learns Contract (Learns). The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and its implementing partners (IPs) to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent programs by: (1) improving IP knowledge and skills in Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning & Adapting (CLA); (2) advancing evidence-informed decision-making; and (3) strengthening strategic collaboration between staff and local stakeholders.
SI seeks to hire a dynamic and motivated person to help Learns and a wide array of implementing partners (IPs) to strengthen data management practices for learning, decision-making, and improved performance across USAID/Vietnam’s portfolio. For this position, Learns is keen to find an individual with interest in developing their own data-management and monitoring skills/practices and eager to learn and adapt on the-job. The ideal candidate is not expected to have data-management expertise but demonstrate their ability to pay attention to details and quickly learn and effectively apply lessons learned and improve processes, tools, and approaches. This position is full-time, based in Hanoi and reports to the Senior Monitoring Specialist. This position may be hired by Social Impact directly or its sub-contractor, SoCha.
The Monitoring Coordinator will act as the primary focal point for Learns’ on data-management needs and work closely with other Learns Monitoring Specialists to support USAID-funded IPs to build and update their data-management systems and practices, based on ongoing lessons learned. They will also work closely with other Learns members, including the Capacity Building team, to achieve more strategic engagements and sustainable results.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only Vietnamese citizens are eligible to apply**
Overall, the Coordinator should aim to support continuously improved knowledge management and decision-making practices of USAID/Vietnam and its partners. They should always aim to foster strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and serve as a (co-)convener for dialogue and learning around data and emerging evidence. Depending on demand and the profile of each candidate, the selected candidate will be expected to, either:
1. Support Learns internal Data Management (DM) needs
Building on Learns existing DM practices/systems, help Learns maintain strong data management practices on an on-going basis, including through:
- Internal DM coordinator, responsible for the day-to-day upkeep and maintenance of all data related to Learns’ Activity Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan (AMELP) and Learns’ Task Tracker, and the quality of its data. Support the creation of task completion surveys for Monitoring team members on Survey Monkey.
- Work closely with relevant colleagues to make sure that all raw data (especially Learns indicator-related data) is reliable and timely. Periodic collection, data-quality control, aggregation and analysis of Learns data, including quarterly AMELP results.
- Perform data-entry and seek associated approvals for the submission of Learns AMELP results on the Development Information Solutions (DIS).
- Ongoing production/sharing of key Learns data (and associated visuals) for Learns quarterly and annual reports, as well as other ad-hoc communications or strategic reviews.
- Other emerging data-quality, data-visualization and data-analysis in support of Learns’ reporting, communication and learning needs.
2. Support to USAID/Vietnam DM needs
- Support the maintenance of the Mission Indicator Library
- Support the maintenance of the Mission Data Quality Assessment calendar
- Working closely with other Learns colleagues, support the design of the Mission’s DM needs (on demand)
3. Support to IP DM capacity building needs
- Working in close collaboration with other Monitoring team members (if and when appropriate, including the Learns DM consultants), support the provision of on-demand Technical Assistance to IPs, including:
- ‘Situation Analysis’ exercises to help inform DM-related recommendations,
- Proposed solutions to help IPs design more efficient data collection and visualization tools and monitoring systems
- Proposed solutions to help IPs design/build/maintain their own data management/systems through in-person capacity building, knowledge transfer, and/or other events/workshops.
- Ad-hoc Technical Assistance (depending on strategic priorities/needs/availability) such as AMELP, indicators and data collection tools development.
- Help identify peer-to-peer learning by linking partners for direct peer-to-peer or mentorship technical engagements (i.e., without Learns’ own engagement).
4. Other Monitoring support
- Support and work closely with Capacity Building (CB) team to design and co-facilitate data management-training modules to help motivate improved techniques and practices.
- To conduct Data Quality Assessments (DQAs), including desk reviews, data verification, report writing, cleaning and formatting. Providing technical support to IPs on Data Quality Assessments (if needed)
- Provide other technical support to USAID or IP, working in close collaboration with other Learns team members, when appropriate.
- Develop or update Monitoring resources (leaflets, training materials, pagers, etc.) and review monitoring documents before delivery.? Support the capacity-building and transfer of knowledge to new team members and the upkeep & upgrade of other knowledge management tools (e.g., Resource Hub, and Contact List database).
- Help coordinate the scheduling of team meetings/events and note-taking.
- Translate relevant documents and interpret from Vietnamese to English (and vis-versa), when applicable
- Other tasks as assigned
- Education: Undergraduate University degree is required
- Demonstrated experience on Monitoring and Data management.
- Have an interest / affinity with data management related skills and keen interest in developing more on these skills.
- Proven basic data analysis, data visualization techniques and skills.
- Familiar with some of the core data management software (e.g., Excel, Power Query, VBA, Power BI, Tableau, Google Data Studio, Google Apps Script and/or other relevant platforms).
- Strong analytical, system design, and presentation skills.
- Service oriented, adaptable, collaborative a strong-listener and a practical solutions-finder.
- Strong analytical and inter-personal /communications skills in English and Vietnamese.
- Ability to organize, collaborate, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks
- Familiarity/experience with USAID or other donor development practices, recommended.
Note: Final candidates who exceed above qualifications and may assume higher levels of technical responsibilities, may also be considered at the Monitoring Specialist level.
The closing date for application: March 19, 2023. Selection and interview will be performed constantly and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply, please merge both your CV and a cover letter (one-page outlining your qualifications and motivations for applying) into one pdf file and submit it through the online portal.
SI is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls/office visits.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning Lead – Counter Trafficking in Persons (CTIP) Vietnam (WVV)
Thực Tập Sinh Phòng Văn Hoá - Thông Tin (Đại Sứ Quán Hoa Kỳ)
Senior Finance ManagerAIP Foundation
Just Energy Transition Partnership Delivery Lead, HEO (British Embassy)British Embassy
Consultant/Consultancy team (WVV)WVV
LE4 Finance and HR Officer (Australian Embassy)Australian Embassy
Program Intern (part-time) (PSI)PSI
MEAL Coordinator (Save the Children)Save the Children
National Migration Health Consultant (IOM)IOM
Temporary Area Program Sponsorship Falicitator (WVV)WVV
Communications Manager, USAID Saving Threatened Wildlife (USAID STW) (WWF)WWF
Community forest consultant in Quang Nam Province (RECOFTC)RECOFTC
Communications Intern (maximum 6 months) (Hagar)Hagar
Project Officer on Competition and Consumer Protection (GIZ)GIZ
Child Protection and Education Collaborator (GNI)GNI
Sector Leader Energy (SNV)SNV
Trợ Lý Dự Án Full-time (Viện Nghiên cứu phát triển cộng đồng ACDC)ACDC
Consultancy services at GIZ (GIZ)GIZ
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning Lead – Counter Trafficking in Persons (CTIP) Vietnam (WVV)WVV
Communication and Event Intern (MSD)MSD