MEAL Project Officer (M/F)
German Red Cross (GRC) is part of the worldwide Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. As a humanitarian organization, GRC assists victims of conflict and disaster as well as people affected by social or health related crisis. The Red Cross Movement provides assistance to vulnerable people without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven principles of the Red Cross movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality.
In Vietnam GRC is supporting its local partner, the Vietnam Red Cross (VNRC), to implement projects in the field of Disaster Relief & Rehabilitation, Disaster Risk Reduction & Climate Change Adaptation, and Capacity Building. The GRC is currently looking for highly motivated Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Project Officer who will support the cooperation with the Vietnam Red Cross (VNRC) for a new project in Forecast Based Financing. With this new project the GRC is taking disaster relief into a new era: away from pure reaction and towards anticipation. This 16 months project aims at reducing cyclones impacts in Vietnam through the development of forecast based financing early actions for anticipatory humanitarian actions.
Project: Reducing cyclones impacts in Vietnam through the development of forecast based financing standard early actions for anticipatory humanitarian actions
Sector: Disaster Risk Reduction / Climate Change Adaptation
Reporting to: GRC Head of Project Office
Contract type and duration: Full-time position for a period of 6 (six) months with a possibility of extension until project end in August 2022.
Location: The position will be based in Hanoi with travels to other provinces
Required language proficiency: Vietnamese and English
Nationality: The position is opened for Vietnamese nationals only
Starting date: Jun 2021
Forecast-based Financing (FbF) is a mechanism that uses climate and weather forecasts to trigger timely humanitarian action, before a hazard hits the exposed population. These actions are automatically funded when the triggering forecast is released. This mechanism has been progressively developed since 2008. Several pilot projects are ongoing, which are contributing to build evidence about the potential to transform the current humanitarian system. Lessons, best practices and recommendations from these projects are the base for the development of a solid Forecast-based Financing knowledge management strategy. The implementation of the FBF concept in Vietnam started in 2018.
The focus of the FbF approach is now to build more evidences on its efficiency. Thus, a comprehensive strategy for Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) is the cornerstone to build knowledge and evidence about the Forecast-based Financing concept. It enables a systematic learning process which is crucial not only for the effective implementation of specific interventions but also to scale up from localized pilot projects towards national or regional wide interventions.
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES
The MEAL Officer has for main responsibility to develop and ensure the implementation of a comprehensive strategy for Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) as efficient way to build knowledge and evidence about the Forecast-based Financing concept and its implementation in the Vietnam context.
MONITORING & EVALUATION:
- Lead the monitoring on whether activities are completed according to protocol when a trigger is activated
- Lead the development of a Theory of Change for each action and the development and the implementation of post action surveys
- Safeguard the regular collection and analysis of field data for statistical and project control purpose through a proper M&E system
- Ensure that all relevant project documents, experiences and lessons learnt during the project course are well documented and for the use in future VNRC and GRC activities; related project documents (electronic files) are regularly backed up as well as hard copies are properly filed as per GRC HQ guidelines
- Develop Monitoring and Evaluation reports
- Set up complaint mechanism for beneficiaries to provide feedback
- Provide technical inputs and support to cost-benefit analysis to compare the benefits and costs of the actions. This includes supporting line-manager in managing external consultants
- Liaise with relevant partners (RC/RC, governmental and non-governmental, scientists) in the sector of DRR/CCA/health for collecting and sharing knowledge
- Identify best practices and compile lessons learned during the preparation phase, activation phase, and evaluation phase of the intervention
- Draft documents / provide inputs for sharing lessons learned to relevant stakeholders at local, national and regional levels
|Master’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field, e.g. Disaster Risk Management, Climate Change Adaptation, Environmental Sciences, Economics, heath, journalism||x|
|Minimum 2 years of experience as M&E Officer||X|
|Proven experience in Project Cycle Management with focus on developing monitoring framework and tools, reporting||x|
|Proven experience in developing documentations based on lessons learned and best practices||x|
|Working experience in the field of DRR/CCA/relief/health with state institutions, provincial authorities, none governmental organisations, and international development assistance organisations||x|
|Experience of working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent||x|
|Experience in managing external consultants||x|
|Experience in organizing and facilitating workshops||x|
|Knowledge and Skills||
|Excellent communication skills in English and Vietnamese including project reporting and tools development, and ability to engage with a large range of audiences||x|
|Strong skill in coordination within internal team and with a large range of external stakeholders||x|
|Knowledge of RC/RC movement disaster management approaches and tools||x|
|Sound knowledge and commitment to participatory approaches in working with communities||x|
|Proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint||x|
|Fluently spoken and written English||x|
|Fluently spoken and written Vietnamese||x|
|Ability to communicate in German||x|
|Ability and willingness to quickly learn and embrace new approach and concept||x|
|Ability to work both independently and as a team-leader||x|
|Ability to work under pressure and to ensure quality delivery of results||x|
|Flexible and willing to travel during the execution of his/her assignment||x|
|Ability in conceptual and strategic thinking||x|
Interested candidates are invited to send their applications by email in English consisting of a CV, a letter of motivation, copies of relevant certificates and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate clearly in your application subject: “Application for MEAL Project Officer”.
Deadline: 14th Jun 2021 at 17:00, Hanoi time
Please note that only applications which are submitted in English shall be considered and that the GRC may start short-listing the candidates before the deadline. While German Red Cross appreciates all responses, only candidate under consideration shall be contacted and invited for an interview.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank