Place: Hanoi, Vietnam
Type of contract: Fixed Term contract
Starting date: May 2022
Closing date for applications: 30/04/2022
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is seeking
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Learning (MEAL) Officer
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Since October 2015, HI is implementing a nation-wide rehabilitation project aiming at strengthening the quality and access of rehabilitation services for persons with brain lesions (stroke, traumatic brain injury, cerebral palsy and spina bifida). The project intends to reach its objective through 4 core approaches:
- Supporting service delivery (setting up rehab departments and units, strengthening evidence-based services, patient discharge and follow-up, provision of direct services – home accessibility, assistive devices, and independent living skills training…)
- Strengthening rehabilitation staff’s capacities and skills (developing higher education programs, provision of Continuing Medical Education, mentoring…)
- Developing policies and strengthening governance (production of rehabilitation guidelines, networking activities, strengthening service management procedures…)
- Increasing awareness on policies
- Is responsible for the implementation of monitoring systems, data collection, information management, evaluation, accountability towards affected populations and the management of knowledge adapted to the context and in compliance with HI standards;
- Verifies coherency between the systems in place on the different projects and with HI’s frameworks and standards and ensures that these systems are capable of consolidating information for global steering of the programme;
- Support the program to continuously improve on performance.
- Support the development of country programme’s operational strategy (StratOp) in line with HI strategy, including supporting the development of the StratOp monitoring tool;
- Is responsible, within his/her geographical scope, for the implementation of tools for measuring effect and impact and facilitating decision-making, learning and accountability;
- Is responsible, within his/her geographical scope, for putting in place mechanisms for ensuring accountability towards affected populations;
- Contributes towards the articulation and application of HI’s institutional policies and cross-cutting approaches.
- Provides technical support to technical specialists for establishing quality indicators, monitoring methods and data collection tools;
- Contributes to the design and drafting of project proposals;
- Is responsible for ensuring regular project evaluations.
- Provides technical support to the project teams for the implementation of monitoring, evaluation and accountability tools and methods;
- Provides technical support to the Operational Manager and Project managers for the application of PME policy;
- Oversees the application of PME policy within his/her geographical scope;
- Is responsible, within his/her geographical scope, for supporting the implementation of processes and methods for collecting, analysing, modelling and ownership of the knowledge produced;
- Proposes an analysis of the information collected and the knowledge produced to strengthen collective learning;
- Ensures the continuous improvement of learning frameworks and methodologies;
- Ensures access to relevant internal and external information for all staff in countries within his/her scope.
- Represents HI’s MEAL and IM expertise in all relevant country networks;
- Contributes towards advocacy on specific subjects (notably through the consolidation of evidence-based factors) in line with the StratOp and federal advocacy priorities;
- Contributes locally to communication messages in line with the StratOp and federal communication priorities.
- Fosters a team spirit and teamwork to develop the necessary synergies between the Programme’s different services.Encourages the exchange of practices within and between services;
- Recruits and contributes to the development, autonomy and professional well-being of his/her staff:sets individual objectives; ensures that the know-how and motivation of his/her team corresponds to the organisation’s needs; assesses his/her staff’s individual performance; contributes towards their career development.
- Provides individual and collective recognition
- Embodies and transmits HI’s values, ensures respect of its code of conduct and institutional policies and is vigilant with regard to expected attitudes and individual and collective behaviours.
- Associate degree in data management or a relevant subject (Training: Education in humanitarian aid and/or development and/or international project management, or in any other similar and relevant area (international studies, etc.) is a huge plus
- At least 3 years relevant working experience OR Bachelor degree in data management or a relevant subject plus 1-year relevant work experience
- Experience in M&E, program quality management and program development with NGO/INGO is highly desirable (experience of coordinating aid and development projects, including at least 1 years in MEAL (M&E/ MEL, AMEL) functions is a plus.
- Experience in developing databases based on donor reporting requirements, project logframes and institutional learning objectives
- Experience in designing and implementing research, surveys and baseline/endline assessments
- Experience in designing M&E tools, including qualitative methods like focus group discussions, key informant interviews, photo assessments, etc is highly desirable
- Experience coordinating and linking multiple data sets from multiple projects
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Power point, Microsoft SharePoint, Power BI
- Proficiency in data analysis packages (EPI info, SPSS, Strata, Survey CTO, Kobo etc) is desirable
- Strong skills in analytics, including production of graphs, tables, charts, presentations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, in both Vietnamese and English.
- You have training in communication or development, computer science, project management
- You have at least four years minimum work experience in M&E, program quality management and program development Experience in designing M&E tools, including qualitative methods like focus group discussions, key informant interviews, photo assessments, etc
- Good knowledge of Windows MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Strong skills in analytics, including production of graphs, tables, charts, presentations
- Excellent Vietnamese and English written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of graphic design tools and software (Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, In Design, etc.)
- Type of contract: Fixed term contract of 17 months/ starting from May 2022 (can be extended)
- Wage: According to profile and experience
- 24 hours insurance for employee and dependents
- 40 hours a week with 2,5 days annual leave /month
13/07/2022Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ tại Hà Nội
12/07/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact
28/06/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact