Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Consultant
Project: Vietnam Urban Energy Security
Reports to: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager
Period of Performance: Jul 10, 2021 – Sep 30, 2021
Level of Effort: Estimated 15 days
Deadline for application: Jun 20, 2021
SCOPE OF WORK
As Vietnam experiences steep increases in energy demand and rising air pollution challenges, there is growing recognition that cleaner, more reliable sources of energy are needed and greater capital investment is necessary. USAID Vietnam Urban Energy Security (VUES) works closely with the Government of Vietnam (GVN) at multiple levels to improve enabling frameworks, mobilize investment, and increase the adoption of innovative solutions for advanced, distributed energy.
The overall goal of the project is “advanced, distributed energy solutions deployed to improve urban energy resilience and energy security” in Vietnam. At its completion, the Vietnam Urban Energy Security must achieve the following high-level expected results:
- At least 400 megawatts (MW) of advanced, distributed energy systems deployed in the selected cities.
- At least $600 million in public and private investment mobilized for advanced, distributed urban energy systems.
- At least 20 innovative solutions to address urban energy and environment issues demonstrated and/or commercialized.
To meet the ambitious goals in renewable energy and energy efficiency set by GVN, Vietnam will need innovative solutions that accelerate adoption, facilitate the financing and increase the effectiveness of clean energy solutions. These innovations may take the form of new technologies, breakthrough business models, creative financing mechanisms, or partnership approaches that bring together nontraditional players to contribute to advanced, distributed energy in new ways.
During its second year (October 2020 – September 2021), VUES aims to design and begin implementing an Innovation Challenge (IC) which will identify and fund such innovations. The IC is expected to fund approximately 20 innovations of up to 6 months duration (in some cases longer), through 4 rounds between 2021 and 2023. Funding per innovation is still to be defined but is not expected to be more than USD 100,000.
The first round is expected to fund 5 pilots/ demonstrations which are still at the identification stage. They are expected to be contracted during late June/ early July. This SOW relates to M&E support for these first 5 pilots/ demonstrations.
Whilst developing their proposals, the 5 Round 1 applicants will develop a simple M&E plan, following a template developed by the Project. Bidders are likely to have limited M&E experience and support is therefore required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The consultant will:
- Time permitting, provide an online training for the 5 Round 1 firms, on how to complete the M&E template. This task should be completed before the firms submit their proposal. (This task is dependent on the timing of the contracting process);
- Work with the Project team to refine the M&E template, to be used during future rounds. These refinements will be based on experience from working with the 5 Round 1 firms
- Prepare a simple (i.e. no jargon), step-wise guide to complete the template. Support the five firms to refine their draft M&E Plans (that they submitted as part of their proposal) for final approval by the Project MEL team
- A refined M&E template and a simple, step-wise guide;
- M&E Plan (following the template) for each of the 5 pilots/demonstrations; and
- Assignment completion report
- Bachelor or higher degree in related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in developing and supporting development project implementation.
- Skills and experience in the development and use of M&E tools, data analysis, data use, and assessments.
- Experience in working with USAID or international donors monitoring and evaluation systems preferred.
- Experience in training/couching preferred.
- Ability to work online preferred.
- Good command of written and oral communication skills in both Vietnamese and English.
- The Consultant will report to the Project’s MEL Manager.
Interested Consultants should send their CVs and cover letters detailing their relevant experience and information to VUESRecruitment@dai.com by June 20, 2021.
DAI Organization and Values
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. DAI does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, veteran status, or other non-merit factor.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
30/06/2021USAID Learns - Social Impact
Request for Proposals: Demonstrating Battery Energy Storage System in the Commercial and Industrial SectorDAI