Monitoring & Evaluation/ Developmental Evaluation Officer – Vietnam – YSEALI
- Position system title and grade: Monitoring and Developmental Evaluation Officer 10
- Position Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
- Project Name: YSEALI
- Anticipated Start Date: October 28, 2022
EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT CENTER (EDC)
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity, with a focus on vulnerable and under-served populations. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
EDC promotes equity and access to high quality education and health services and products that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. We support an inclusive workplace culture that embraces many perspectives and broadens our understanding of the communities we serve, enhancing and enriching our work.
EDC is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace.
We are looking for candidates who share EDC’s commitment and understand the importance of cultural responsiveness in today’s context.
USAID’s The Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative Mekong Program (YSEALI- Mekong) aspires to strengthen the leadership capacities and networks of youth leaders in Southeast Asia, empowering them to lead with confidence and to claim their right to a sustainable and just future. The activity envisions a leadership development program that provides the knowledge, training, and exposure—and the platform, including local and international networks—to empower Southeast Asian youth to act on environmental issues and contribute to the sustainable development of the Mekong region. The activity’s approach will awaken young changemakers’ innate leadership potential, strengthen their environmental mindset, and integrate them into the web of climate, biodiversity, and sustainability actors in the region—including the public and private sectors, education and training institutions, and non-governmental organizations.
The Monitoring & Evaluation / Developmental Evaluation (MDE) Officer will hold traditional Monitoring and Evaluation responsibilities combined with an internal developmental evaluator’s role focused on collaboration, learning, and adaptation. S/he will lead the program’s learning agenda, and coordinate and implement the project’s field-based monitoring and evaluation activities through EDC and partner organizations. The MDE Officer will actively collaborate with program/technical managers and the US-based M&E Specialist to support the development of YSEALI’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan, M&E tools, the integration of M&E across all project components, M&E data collection activities, and the development, writing and submission of M&E and program reports. The MDE Officer will also support the Communications Coordinator, as needed. S/he will report to the Chief of Party.
Essential functions include (but not limited to):
- Take the lead in organizing and conducting all Monitoring and Evaluation activities, as well as learning activities to ensure compliance to common or core standards.
- Coordinate and conduct field-based data collection activities, ensuring that all field-based M&E activities are performed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Oversee the development of all monitoring forms for data collection, including forms and written procedures for data collection and entry, with appropriate verification with other departments.
- Oversee the aggregation and compilation of M&E data (quantitative and qualitative) for monthly, quarterly and annual reports. Oversee and ensure timely completion of all USAID data reporting;
- Supervise the archiving process to ensure that appropriate support documentation is on file and easily located to back up project indicator data.
- Support the management of the project M&E system, including performance indicator tracking, and the data management (database) systems.
- Liaise with partners and stakeholders to facilitate coordination and implementation of the project and integration of information and data as necessary.
- Support the coordination and management of data collection related to special studies to document project outcomes.
- Identify areas where project staff can benefit from additional learning and support and identify resources and activities support continuous learning within the team.
- Assist with periodic reports as appropriate or necessary.
- Coordinate and support the management of data quality assessments (DQAs), as needed.
- Support a communications and outreach plan to disseminate the project's activities and results nationally and, as appropriate, internationally.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
The Monitoring & Evaluation/ Developmental Evaluation Officer shall have at a minimum the following qualifications:
Master’s degree and 7 to 8 years of progressively responsible and directly relevant experience required
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible experience with M&E systems design and implementation, data collection, and report writing.
- Experience developing, writing and reporting M&E plans in coordination with home office and donor staff.
- Experience in Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) Approaches
- Substantial experience monitoring and evaluating education sector programs including demonstrated experience in monitoring results against indicators.
- Experience in conducting and/or coordinating data collection. Experience with remote/virtual data collection through software such as Kobo Collect or Qualtrics is a plus.
- Experience in managing datasets in Excel. Experience with qualitative and quantitative data analysis methods and statistical software packages, such as SPSS, QDA Miner, etc. preferred;
- Experience in using databases to store data. Experience using Microsoft applications like SQL or Power BI is a plus
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects highly preferred.
- Expertise in data visualization preferred.
- Capacity to work effectively with teams.
- Strong time management and attention to detail.
- Ability to travel in the Mekong and ASEAN regions.
Fluency in English and Vietnamese languages (reading, writing, listening, speaking) required.
- Job closing date: 28 October 2022 – open until filled
- To apply, Applicants are encouraged to visit the Careers Page at: https://go.edc.org/MDEO-Vietnam-YSEALI
- Due to the volume of applications submitted, only finalists will be notified. No phone calls, please.
- See https://www.edc.org/careers-edc for further details
EDC is committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring an equitable and highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace, and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This announcement is made possible by the support of the American People through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The contents of this notice are the sole responsibility of Education Development Center, Inc. (EDC) and do not necessarily reflect the views of USAID or the United States Government.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
05/12/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact
04/12/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact