Project Objective:SI is implementing the USAID Learns Contract (Learns). The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and its implementing partners (IPs) to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent programs by: (1) improving IP knowledge and skills in Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning & Adapting (CLA); (2) advancing evidence-informed decision-making; and (3) strengthening strategic collaboration between staff and local stakeholders.
Position Description:Learns seeks to hire a full-time Monitoring Specialist to actively engage in, facilitate and support the quality and deeper use of monitoring across the USAID/Vietnam portfolio. The Monitoring Specialist will work closely with other Learns Monitoring team members and a wide variety of other USAID-funded partners, offering ongoing technical capacity building support and advisory services; leading on the review of partner Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plans (AMELPs); and conducting ongoing Data Quality Assessments (DQAs). The position is an exciting opportunity to help USAID and implementing partners use performance monitoring information to manage adaptively and improve programming. For more on using performance monitoring data, see SI’s write-up on this topic. We are looking for someone who has the passion and skills to make this vision a reality. Note that while we prefer the Specialist to already know USAID-specific monitoring processes, this knowledge can be learned on the job. Especially in the initial months, the Specialist may also be learning-on-the-job how to use and apply Learns-specific tools/systems/procedures but should early on demonstrate the desire and ability to quickly learn and effectively apply these processes and associated approaches. Learns is most interested in a candidate with a strong sense of curiosity, sound analytical, collaboration and communication skills and who cares deeply about helping others making evidence-based decision-making easier and more widely practiced. This position will be based in Hanoi, Vietnam reporting to the Learns Monitoring Director. Please note: This is a local position. Only Vietnamese citizens are eligible to apply
Responsibilities:The Monitoring Specialist will be working closely, day-to-day, with other two Monitoring Specialists and other Learns colleagues, as may apply, to collaboratively carry out the following responsibilities:
- Building on existing tools/processes and USAID guidelines, provide technical assistance to USAID and IP staff, including, but not limited to:
- Conduct DQAs and offer related technical support to help IPs strengthen any identified areas of weakness (and highlight strength areas)
- Review new or revised AMELPs submitted to USAID, and offer related technical support to help IPs improve the quality of their plans and associated tools and processes
- Offer ongoing technical advice to IPs and USAID on improving their Monitoring Plans, data quality, data use, and monitoring practices that are evidence-based, collaborative, and adaptive
- Support IPs on the deeper use of monitoring, and other types of data to support learning and improve performance
- Provide or actively support on-demand technical assistance to USAID and IPs, including in areas related to the development of performance indicators/AMELPs and related data-quality.
- When applicable,
- contribute to the development of training materials, guidance materials, and platforms or tools supporting Learns’ overall project goals.
- work closely with the team to develop monitoring milestones and /or other technical materials.
- support the design and facilitation of training sessions on targeted topics.
- participate in / contribute to events and technical assistance meetings.
- Education: Masters’ degree, preferred; an Undergraduate University degree, required
- At least 6 years of relevant working experience, more preferred.
- Experience working with USAID-funded activities, preferred
- Strong communications skills in both English and Vietnamese (both verbal and written), required
- Proactive mindset, inquisitive and solutions-focused, required
- Strong analytical and presentation skills, required
- Ability to work in a highly adaptive and collaborative manner, required
- Experience facilitating training events, preferred
- Strong interest/experience in evidence-based adaptive management, preferred
- Strong inter-personal, organizational, analytical, communication skills (both written and presentation/verbal); ability to organize, collaborate, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks, completing them in a qualitative and timely manner.
- Technical monitoring experience and skills:
- Monitoring methods and approaches and their practical applications
- Data analysis, data visualization techniques, and overall data use
- Experience managing data using basic common software such as Excel, required
- Experience using other software (e.g., Power BI, Tableau, SAS, SPSS, Stata, GIS…) preferred
- Experience working in area of environment or health, preferred.
- Experience working in USAID funded projects, strongly preferred.
- Experience designing and delivery training courses in area of monitoring, ideal.
- Experience managing and/or coaching monitoring staff, ideal.
Apply here:https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=4290 SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls and/or office visits. Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
01/10/2023Viet Rural Enterprise Development Center