The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations. With presently 194 member states, FAO works in more than 130 countries worldwide, including Vietnam where the Organization has operated since 1978. The current Country Programming Framework (CPF) for the period of 2017 2021 has four priority areas: (1) Increased food security with focus on alleviation of hunger, malnutrition and food safety concerns; (2) Sustainable development of the agriculture sectors, contributing to the national Green Growth and other strategies on improved natural resources management and environment protection; (3) New Rural Development and Sustainable Poverty Reduction; and (4) Enhanced resilience of communities to disasters and threats. The incumbent’s tasks will largely fall under the fourth priority area.
Reporting Lines: The incumbent will work under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Viet Nam, the overall supervision of the International Senior Technical Coordinator (STC) of the Emergency Center for Transboundary Animal Disease (ECTAD) and direct supervision of the National Operations Coordinator.
Technical Focus: Administration
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support daily administration including but not limited to:
- Assist STC and Operations Coordinator in managing the ECTAD office;
- Manage (including filling) in-coming/out-going correspondence, and reporting to the STC;
- Draft and translate correspondence, speeches and other documents/updates as required;
- Maintain ECTAD contact list and events monitoring tables (with participants number);
- Arrange meetings & logistics support to incoming missions;
- Book a meeting room and receiving guests for meetings at FAO Vietnam/ECTAD office;
- Organize workshop/training/meeting;
- Process Travel Authorization & TEC for duty travels;
- Make a payment for visa, car expenses, card visit, etc. after receiving request and submit supporting documents to the Operations Assistant for filing.
Assist in processing consultant contracts (Consultants, PSA, NPP, CLC):
- Upon recruitment initiation by Operations Coordinator, follow up with consultants to collect a full set of FAO required documents for processing labour contracts;
- Submit all required documents to FAOR office and follow up to get the contract issued;
- Raise ePPR on the system as soon as all required documents submitted by international consultants and after the contract signed with the national consultants;
- Prepare Casual Labour Contract after receiving request and required documents;
- Update the HR monitoring table as soon as there is any change and provide update report to STC and Operations Coordinator on 31 March, 30 June, 30 September and 31 December.
Assist in conducting procurement procedures:
- Prepare tender offer after LTO clearance including market survey and prepare note for the file for repeated orders;
- Follow up with suppliers to ensure timely contract signing and goods delivery;
- Coordinate with suppliers and the Government partners (goods receivers) for goods distribution and VAT exemption;
- Process payment after receiving all supporting documents.
- Perform other duties as required.
- University degree in a field related to public administration and business;
- At least five years of relevant experience in administration and office management for development projects/international organizations/NGOs;
- Woking knowledge of English with excellent writing skills;
- Excellent computer skills: knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and email/internet software.
- National of Vietnam.
FAO CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
TECHNICAL/ FUNCTIONAL SKILLS:
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of FAO and other UN admin programs is desirable.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates, therefore, will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
Application Deadline: 2021-10-26APPLY HERE
13/12/2021Đại sứ quán Nhật Bản
10/12/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/01/2022Save the Children
17/12/2021Save the Children
17/12/2021Save The Children
10/12/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
15/12/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
17/12/2021ARISE + Viet Nam
15/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
10/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
13/12/2021The U.S. Mission to Vietnam
12/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
30/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International