- Organisation Name: FAO
- Location: Hanoi
- Application Deadline: Fri, 2024-02-16
Organizational SettingThe Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations. With presently 194 member states, FAO works in more than 130 countries worldwide, including Vietnam where the Organization has operated since 1978. The current Country Programming Framework (CPF) for the period of 2022 - 2025 has four priority areas: (1) One Health (OH); (2) Climate change response, environment and natural resources management; (3) Food safety, sustainable production and consumption, and equitable livelihoods for all; and (4) Governance, Gender and PWDs. The incumbent’s tasks will mainly contribute to the first priority area.
Reporting LinesThe incumbent will work under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Viet Nam, the overall supervision of the Senior Technical Coordinator of Emergency Center for Transboundary Animal Disease (ECTAD), the direct supervision of the National Operations Coordinator, and in close coordination with FAO ECTAD team including national consultant(s) and government partners.
Technical FocusFinance and Administration, to contribute to the successful implementation of the FAO ECTAD projects in the country by undertaking the following tasks and duties:
Tasks and responsibilities1. Support daily administration including but not limited to:
- Assist STC and OC in managing the ECTAD office;
- Manage (including filling) in-coming/out-going correspondence, and reporting to the STC;
- Draft and translate correspondence, speeches and other documents as required;
- Maintain ECTAD contact list and events monitoring tables (with participants number);
- Arrange meetings and logistics support for incoming missions;
- Book a meeting room and receiving guests for meetings at FAO Vietnam/ECTAD office;
- Provide administrative support, including invitation, travel, compilation of participant list and presentations, to organize events and field activities;
- Process Travel Authorization (TA), Travel Expense Claim (TEC) and logistic arrangement (flight, accommodation, etc.) for international travels;
- Make payments for visa, car expenses, card visit, etc. and submit supporting documents to the Operations Assistant for filing;
- Maintain local inventory records with responsibility for proper recording of assets, their maintenance and safeguard;
- Maintain filing system of administrative and financial documents. Supports the administration of personnel and equipment;
- Provide inputs and support ECTAD reporting requirements;
- Upon recruitment initiation by OC, follow up with consultants to collect a full set of FAO required documents for processing labour contracts;
- Submit all required documents to FAOR office and follow up to get the contract issued;
- Raise ePPR on the system as soon as all required documents submitted by international consultants and after the contract signed with the national consultants;
- Prepare Casual Labour Contract after receiving request and required documents;
- Collect and submit timecards for all consultants;
- Update the HR monitoring table on real time basis and provide update report to STC and OC on monthly basis.
- Prepare tender offer after LTO clearance including market survey and prepare note for the file for repeated orders;
- Follow up with suppliers to ensure timely contract signing and goods delivery;
- Coordinate with suppliers and the Government partners (goods receivers) for goods distribution and VAT exemption;
- Process payment after receiving all supporting documents.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWINGMinimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, international relations, finance, management, accounting, social sciences, or related discipline.
- At least four years of relevant experience in project operation, office management, administration, accounting and/or audit, budget or finance;
- Working knowledge of English ;
- National of Vietnam
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience working in UN agencies/INGOs/ international organizations/NGOs or in an international context is an asset;
- Ability to take ownership and accountability for assigned processes and to work autonomously.
- Rigor and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to work quickly and under pressure.
- Excellent writing skills
- Thorough knowledge of the communication and documentation standards.
- Thorough knowledge of corporate computerized financial / travel / Human Resources systems
- Thorough knowledge of organizational structure, administrative procedures, and policies, and matters of protocol
- Very good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.