PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To be responsible for achieving the goals, outcomes and outputs of SOS advocacy program design document. In addition, the following are also critical:
- Provide strong technical support to SOS Children’s Villages Vietnam to design, implement and evaluate the results based advocacy strategies.
- Advocate the legal and social recognition of the family-like care as a form of alternative care for children in Vietnam with technical support from Program Director of SOS Children’s Villages Vietnam.
- Report at national level advocacy wins, processes as well as document lessons learned and challenges to strengthen the family-like care's advocacy in Vietnam.
- Provide trainings as well as coach and mentor to SOS Children’s Villages Vietnam co-workers and its partner organizations in advocacy to enhance skills to effectively influence advocacy processes.
- Leverage technical support and possible budgetary allocation from the government and concerned authorities for child care and protection work at national and provincial levels.
- Develop and strengthen working relationships with MOLISA and related partners at both local and national levels as well as engage with SOS Children’s Villages Vietnam partners in the local and national advocacy and policy issues.
- Together with Program Director of SOS Children’s Village Vietnam to identify funding opportunities and develop concept note/proposal when required. Manage consultants/researchers/staff to deliver upon Terms of Reference/Job descriptions in accordance with budgetary and advocacy aims, targets and responsibilities.
- Build and engage with relevant networks in the nation that share SOS Children's Vietnam’s values and aims, wider civil society actors including national coalitions, intergovernmental fora, research/academic institutions to advance SOS Children´s Village Family –like care model, policy and advocacy aims and to ensure impact.
- Collaborate closely with IOR Advocacy Advisor to proactively share and carry out effectively regional and global advocacy programmes and initiatives associated with the local context.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
|1. Capacity Building: Build the advocacy capacity for SOS Children’s Villages Vietnam Teams|
|2. Partnership and networking: Build professional relationships with relevant government authorities, partners, CSOs and concerned coalitions/working groups|
|3. Evidence-based advocacy: Enhance advocacy via knowledge-buidling contents ; survey, study and research for legal and social recognition of SOS’s care models.|
|4. Fundraising : Utilize advocacy’s contents to fundraise and communicate to the public and potential donors|
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:(The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training).
|Knowledge & Skills (Essential)||
|Ethical Values/Orientation (Preferred)||
|Core Capabilities:||Achieving Capabilities: Achieving quality results and service Practicing accountability and integrity Communicating information effectively|
|Self-Managing Capabilities: Demonstrating Child-centre focus and work Learning for growth and development Maintaining work/life balance and effectiveness|
|Thinking Capabilities: Analytical thinking Understanding the Humanitarian and development sector Understanding SOS’s vision and mission Creative and Innovative|
|Relational Capabilities: Building collaborative relationships Embracing gender and cultural diversity Influencing individuals and groups|
- 01 application form in English and Vietnamese.
- CV in English and Vietnamese.
Application deadline: October 25, 2021
- Ms. Nhu Quynh
- Tel: 024 37644019 (Ext: 125)
- Cell: 0356.986.694
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/soschildrensvillagesVietnam/
21/10/2021The Oxford Unniversity Clinical Research Unit (OUCRU)
31/10/2021Save the Children
27/10/2021Save the Children
21/10/2021Save the Children
27/10/2021Save the Children
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV