NATIONAL BUSINESS ENGAGEMENT CONSULTANT
(Project “Local Solutions for Plastic Pollution)
Centre for Supporting Green Development (GreenHub) is a Vietnamese, civil society organization under the Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations (Vusta) with oversight by the Ministry of Science & Technology, and with an CSO Registration Number A-1555. GreenHub was legally established on March 15, 2016, by Vietnamese experts with significant CSO experience in biodiversity conservation, community development, capacity building, and networking projects.
GreenHub connects communities and resources to embrace green lifestyle practices, sustainable production and natural conservation.
Vision: For the green development of Vietnam
Impact Areas: Waste management, Sustainable agricultural, Natural conservation.
2. LSPP Project
The ‘Local Solutions for Plastic Pollution’ (LSPP) project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) under the program of Local Works for Environmental Health. The project, August 2020 –July 2023, isimplemented by GreenHub (as the leading implementer) and 03 sub-awardees including the Institute of Strategy and Policy on Natural Resources and Environment (ISPONRE), Vietnam One Health University Network (VOHUN), and Global Integrated Management System Limited Liability Company (GIMASYS).
The goal of this project is to reduce plastic pollution by building collective action from the ground up by strengthening and uniting networks, communities and individuals through: 1) environmental health literacy, 2) locally-determined and data-driven solutions for advocacy, 3) policy, 4) business innovation, 5) combining traditional media and emerging communications technologies.
- Joint Action Plans for local capacity development co-implemented by a Plastic Action Health Partnership and local actors for leveraging and coordinating institutions and 3 working groups in 3 cities.
- Local community sectoral and plastics pollution profiles are developed, business and government assets and financial resources are mobilized to sustain a science-based program to address plastics pollution collectively.
- A co-created public digital platform with local actors that enhances environmental health literacy, plastic pollution monitoring, and public engagement for locally-determined plastic management and health solutions.
- Increased skills and changed behaviors/practices among local actors, citizens lead to evidence-based advocacy and policy development and plastic waste reduction in business, tourism and fisheries
Project Sites and Target Populations
- National level: Plastic Health Action Partnernship (PHAN)
- Project sites: Hanoi, Quang Nam (Hoi An) and Da Nang
- Women: Household member,Women Union; Women Waste Pickers
- Youth Leaders in Hanoi as catalysts for local youth (cities’ level)
- Business -Plastic Supply Chains: Packaging companies, URENCO, Junk-shops and Recycling
OBJECTIVE: GreenHub seeks the services of a national consultant to conduct mapping and develop strategy for business engagement in LSPP project and plastic pollution in general.
Main Duties/Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of Project Manager, and in close consultation with the project partner, the PHAN network, the national consultant will provide technical expertise in coordinating and liaising with companies and private sector organizations to conduct mapping and develop strategy and initial discussion for engagement plan.
Specifically, the consultant will undertake the following tasks:
- Desk review for potential type and list of companies and private sector organizations who are interested in environmental protection and plastic pollution (reason for concern, level of concern, they have a mandatory responsibility for plastic waste). Mapping on existing and potential resources and assets will be prepared and building a list of businesses that match the goal, objectives, and components of the project, developing connections among businesses to discuss synergies and mutually beneficial areas of cooperation among businesses.
- Conduct the interview, questionnaires to collect data, information
- Guide project partner at local level (project site) to collect data, information;
- Identify potential resources and assets from private sector and the community to mobilize for the project.
- Suggest an engagement plan and identify potential partners to support future LSPP project action(such as communication campaigns on plastic waste, linking LSPP project with their companies’ activities or leveraging plastic reduction to their business network to make a wider impact. Reducing plastic actions from businesses includes using/providing environmental products/services (plastic alternative business –bamboo products, plant-based products, bio-gradable plastic products, cloth bags, paper cups, etc.); enhancing their environmentally friendly practices (Green Office, zero-waste/circular economy operations, etc.), EPR, CSR...
- Organize consultation with project’s partner about the strategy at national level regarding enterprises and business engagement, taking particular responsibility for building new relationships with businesses, and promoting the continued engagement of businesses in the network with LSPP.
- Initially Mobilize company and enterprises that, on developing Joint Action Plan with project.
The consultant is expected to propose a methodology with a clear intent to provide credible information to the assessment areas. The proposed methodology will need to ensure that the information collected is valid, reliable and sufficient to meet the assessment objective and that the analyses are logical, coherent and complete. Triangulation (utilizing multiple sources of data and methods) should be applied in order to validate findings. The proposed methodology should also show collection, use and analysis of gender-disaggregated data where relevant.
In the proposed methodology, the consultant will need to provide the following: 1) what information should be collected;2) from which sources / or stakeholders it should be collected; 3) for what purpose it should be collected; 4) how the collected data will be analyzed in order to answer the assessment questions; 5) how the collected data will be analyzed and processed to help develop recommendations for regional engagement; and, 6) draft timeline. The consultant is expected to submit this as part of the inception report.
The specific outputs will be:
- Inception Report
- Mapping on existing and potential resources and assets from private sector
- A national business engagement strategy for the project(English)
- Raw data (interviews, questionaire, analysis) and List of company, business (profiles)
DURATION AND TIMING
The consultant is expected to start the service as soon as possible and complete the task until 15th October 2021 with agreed detail schedule.
MANAGEMENT OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The contract will be signed in accordance with GreenHub regulations and guidelines for the contracting of consultant. The assignment will be directly managed by the LSPP project manager and Project Officer.
Interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- Expression of interest;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- A proposal of technical and financial/ budget for business engagement for LSPP project;
- 3 relevant samples of previous work.
Applications will be evaluated based on the cumulative analysis.
- Technical Qualification (100 points) weight; [70%]
- Financial Proposal (100 points) weight; [30%]
A two-stage procedure is utilized in evaluating the applications, with evaluation of the technical application being completed prior to any price proposal being compared. Only the price proposal of the candidates who passed the minimum technical score of 70% of the obtainable score of 100 points in the technical qualification evaluation will be evaluated.
Technical qualification evaluation criteria:
The total number of points allocated for the technical qualification component is 100. The technical qualification of the individual is evaluated based on following technical qualification evaluation criteria:
|Technical Evaluation Criteria||Obtainable Score|
|Education Education to degree level and/or holding a professional business, marketing or events qualification.||20 %|
|Experience and skills
|Language and report writing skills
|Total Obtainable Score||100%|
Only the candidates who have attained a minimum of 70% of total points will be considered as technically qualified candidates who may be contacted for validation interview.
Financial/Price Proposal evaluation:
Only the financial proposal of candidates who have attained a minimum of 70% score in the technical evaluation will be considered and evaluated.
The total number of points allocated for the price component is 100.
The maximum number of points will be allotted to the lowest price proposal that is opened/ evaluated and compared among those technical qualified candidates who have attained a minimum of 70% score in the technical evaluation. All other price proposals will receive points in inverse proportion to the lowest price.
Submission of application
Interested candidates are invited to contact to Mr. Nguyen Manh Hung (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional details about the assignment.
Please indicate clearly in your application subject: “LSPP-Business Engagement Consultant”. Full proposal should be submitted electronically no later than 0h00,12th September 2021.
Other relevant project documents
- Financial proposal
|LumpSumfee(equivalenttodailyfeexno.ofdays) Number of days refers to actual days that the consultant works in order to produce deliverables as required by the ToR,NOT the number of days covering the whole period of consultancy.|
|1.Desk review for potential type and list of companies and private sector organizations who are interested in environmental protection and plastic pollution|
|2. Mapping on existing and potential resources and assets will be prepared and building a list of businesses that match the goal, objectives, and components of the project, developing connections among businesses to discuss synergies and mutually beneficial areas of cooperation among businesses.|
|3. Conduct the interview, questionnaires to collect data, information|
|4. Guide project partner at local level (project site) to collect data, information;|
|5.Identify potential resources and assets from private sector and the community to mobilize for the project.|
|6. Suggest an engagement plan and identify potential partners to support future LSPP project action (such as communication campaigns on plastic waste, linking LSPP project with their companies’ activities or leveraging plastic reduction to their business network to make a wider impact.|
|7. Organize consultation with project’s partner about the strategy at national level regarding enterprises and business engagement, taking particular responsibility for building new relationships with businesses, and promoting the continued engagement of businesses in the network with LSPP.|
|8. Initially Mobilize company and enterprises that, on developing Joint Action Plan with project.|
|Total Financial Proposal|
- Applications received after the close date will not be accepted;
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- For an assignment requiring travel, consultants of 65 years or more require full medical examination and statement of fitness to work to engage in the consultancy.
- Due to large number of potential applicants, only competitively selected candidates will be contacted for remaining steps of the service procurement process.
- The applicants need to combine all files in one single PDF before submission.
Payments for this consultancy will be based on the achievement of each deliverable and certification that each has been satisfactorily completed. Payments will not be based on the number of days worked but on the completion of each stated deliverable within the indicated time frames. Any travel under this consultancy will be covered by GreenHub as per our rules and regulations.
GreenHub is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
GreenHub does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Organisation Name: GreenHub
Application Deadline: Sun, 2021-09-12
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross